Star Trek : Resurgence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 3: Tears of Valhalla

+6
Clarissa Loki
Hatter3127
Kandice Justice
Ziva Creed
Emily Star
Admiralwood
10 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Episode 3: Tears of Valhalla - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 3: Tears of Valhalla

Post  Ziva Creed Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:43 am

| Ziva Creed

To say she was mildly amused and shocked about how the briefing went, would have been an understatement to say the least. She could honestly say that as first time fleet briefings went, that one had been...entertaining.

It had started off fine, normal chitchat that she was pretty sure was a universal way of making people relax, she could tell that some of those gathered were very much not relaxed, despite their outward facial expressions. As the Admiral began the meeting Ziva turned some in her seat to give him her full attention, taking notes on her pad when something was mentioned she either wasn't 100% sure of or of an item she thought would prove useful later on.

As the plan was outlined, she was thankful her family was stationed out in the Beta Antares and knew, as Beth and her shared a look, that her friend was thinking along the same lines as well.  Her shoulders relaxed when Wood opened the briefing up for discussion by asking for questions and comments, and Ziva leaned back slightly in her seat to observe those gathered.

And wasn't disappointed at what unfolded before her like one of those epic crashes that you just couldn't tear your gaze from.

One officer, identified as Lt. Hatter- pretty much ripped into Admiral Wood with both barrels after being granted permission to speak freely. Ziva glanced subtly about those gathered, wondering briefly who Hatter’s senior officer was cause she knew, knew if it was herself going off, Tybalt would straighten her out faster than she could blink and her father would be right behind him, followed by the rest of her family… Blinking as she pulled herself out of her thoughts, Ziva turned her scarlet gaze back to Wood to see how he was going to handle this and was impressed when he restrained from the verbal reprimand she had seen happen to others on board different vessels.

Instead the man rose and dismissed them to their own devices after  Hatter left the room to return to her duty station.
As the briefing broke up, she pushed away from the table and gathered her data pad, stuffing it into the right leg pocket and turned to Beth and Tybalt, as Beth suggested cards back in their area. She shook her head ruefully as a seldom used bashful grin appeared on her lips, making her words coming next seem slightly suspicious at the true reason for declining. “Um, rain check? I’m supposed to meet with Conners to work on his target accuracy- He’s been getting sloppy in drills.” she stated as the trio entered the corridor.

It didn't help her claim any that Conners just happened to be a six foot three, muscled to a fault, man that she had possibly had a fling with recently. “I’ll swing by medical later though, need to restock my band-aid kit.” she added as they walked to the lifts.

Tag Beth, Tybalt, all
Ziva Creed
Ziva Creed
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Jessica leaned back in her chair, placed her intertwined hands on her forehead and closed her eyes for the first time in days, when her com badge when off.

=/\=Danno to Hatter I have something I would like your opinion on=/\=

She sat up again, running her hands backwards through her hair.
=^=This had better be good Lt.=^=

Danno smirked he enjoyed Hatter’s attitude =/\=Well at worst it will be interesting, so how good are you at picking up outdated signals?=/\=

Hatter rubbed her eyes with her right hand, and replied =^=Danno, perhaps this would be better suited to somebody from ops. I have a whole heap of work to do right now, and the captains stupid mission to Earth isn’t helping.=^=

=/\=As we all do, but you are one of the few people on the ship I don’t totally hate to talk to. Heres the thing, I love puzzles all sorts and this one is new I have never seen it before being some one who has spent time on the bridge you might have come across a signal like this before. It could be anything i mean it could be a distress call to a trader ship and if it is the former isn’t that the sort of thing you signed up for. To help those in need?=/\= Danno finished with a tired smile he knew he was playing off of some of the comments she made during the meeting but well he had the general idea of what was going on he did need some help and her being helm could give it to him.

”Frick.” Jess said to herself, not caring that the com link was still open. =^=Ya know what Lt. what the hell, I’ll look at this… ‘signal’.=^= And she added ”Besides beats getting blown up trying to save some nobodies from Earth right?” Hatter took one last look at her last stupid idea, and the craters that had formerly been the simulated HeadQuarters of the StarFleet, and the United Federation of Planets, before closing the consoles lid down.

=^=Great from what I have been able to gather so far is that it's old like old enough that I have never even read about it's usage before. Old enough that there is no way it should be this far into space and still working. Do you know where my little workshops/office is well it's tech the chief science officers office but since I am acting its mine come down well I keep trying to pinpoint a location.=^= Danno finished with a genuine smile. He needed this a distraction from their impending death.

=^=Yeah I’ll find it, I’m sure. Just keep a pot of coffee hot Lt. And I’ll be right down to take a look.=^= Lt (jg) Hatter stood up, put her hand in her pocket and played with the rapidly emptying vial of pills in her uniform pocket, before walking out of the dark room, into the brightly lit corridors of redemption.

Danno was still had no idea what the signal was, he did know it was some kind of beacon and that it was somewhat similar to the federation used just different not that, that makes any sense. He had managed to narrow it down to what would take 1 week to grid search at warp 9 speed so narrow might not be the best word to use. It was then he heard the door open behind him and saw the young LT in the door.

Hatter looked at the full Lt sat at the desk in front of her, amidst what can only be described at best as chaos. She smirked to herself as noted the bruising around his eye that was still a little evident. ”What’s so important that you’ve got me all the way down here?

Danno could not help the huge smile grow on his face even tho Hatter was smirking "Here look at this," motioning to the pad in his hand, "this is the range I have it narrowed down to and this is what the frequency looks like I have never seen anything like it. I mean it looks sorta federation maybe but it's not. So what do you think it is and we need to find a way to narrow down the search field."

Jess took the pad and studied it for a moment. ”There is something familiar about this, almost as if…” She mused before cutting herself short, remembering things that could not, and must not ever be. ”We can discount all standard transmissions and codes from the look of it. My guess would be it’s one of 3 things: Something very new, some kind of deep cover transmission we weren’t meant to find.” And she added grimmly and quieter ”Something very old…”
Hatter’s expression went very dark for a moment, as she repressed some memories of another life, and another time, actions that could never and would never come to pass, before blinking out of the thoughts
”I guess we only have one option, being as we don’t the new codes from fleet HQ and we are not gonna get fleet intels comms records. Run this thru the computer against every pre federation signal we have on record. We should have something that at least looks close.” Lt. Hatter paused again, wondering how much she should go on her ‘gut instincts’ and ‘false’ memories. ”I suggest you start with old Earth signals and work outwards from there…”

“I was going to look but if its old earth there is a good chance its not recorded as a lot of early space travel just after the war was small private ships just trying to get away from the hell hole that was earth and well there is no possible way any ship from that era could make it here and still be working enough to send out a signal,” On the outside Danno totally ignored the comment made by Hatter he had heard it and it had been filed away but at the moment he was too excited to push the topic. Danno pulled up the database of all known ship frequencies he started from the oldest and moved his way forward. A few of the earliest known ones had some similar core similarities but the farther he moved on the less similar they got. “Umm so if i had to guess it is an edited version of what was used around world war 3 it would explain why its so weak and hard to pinpoint it’s to low tech. Now I have this area of a map of where it could be but its still a lot of space to cover any idea on how to narrow it down, pilot extraordinaire. Because currently I am asking you to hit a target while it is orbiting inside a gas giant”

”I suggest we fire a couple of probes into the area, see if we can’t use them to triangulate the signals position. Shouldn’t take much to boost the sensors on them to increase the range.”

Danno let out a small sigh, “Man thats too simple no wonder I didn’t think of it okay lets go,” Danno, “Good time to test my edited probes slightly boosts the power of each as well as increasing their speed,” Danno launch the probes, “It should take about 20 hours until we have something to report.” He was surprised when not even 10 min after launch he was already had the area of space shrunk enough to give them a decent heading, “Well that was unexpected we have basic direction. I say we go to the Admiral and try and convince him to let us check this out.”

Joint Post By Lt (jg) Hatter, and Lt. Danno.
Hatter3127
Hatter3127
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kandice Justice Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:26 pm

---Federation Maximum Security Prison, Austria/Germany Border---

---Cell Block E---

“Kandice! Wake up!” Amy shouted as she knelt by her side, holding her hand over the gash wound on Kandice’s abdomen. “Come on….stay with me.” She cried out while Kandice’s eyes showed her slipping in and out of consciousness. The pool of blood had saturated the ground around her and the cries for help by her cell mate were unanswered for some time until a guard finally responded and called in the doctor from the infirmary.

The casual movement of both the guards and the doctor was blatantly obvious. They had expected her to die on the cell floor - and the doctor coming in was just a formality. As the young man strolled up to the cage, he stared down at the two on the ground. “Make way, Prisoner. Let me get in here and take a look.”

The stunned look on Amy’s face showed her anger toward the man who claimed to hold the same profession that she once held within Starfleet - a man who swore to do no harm and to care for others without prejudice - now knelt beside her fallen cellmate, expecting to call a time of death.

His gestures quickly changed a few moments after checking her hand and neck for a pulse. “Get me a stretcher in here at once. Now!” The doctor ordered out as he stared back down in disbelief. The blood that surrounded the body, the wound, and just the environment that she was in would have simply lead to a quick death. This woman, however, was still alive.

As the guards scrambled to bring a stretcher in from the main hallway, the doctor glanced back up toward Amy. “How long has she been down like this?”

With tears in her eyes, Amy sat down on her bunk, glancing back at the doctor. “At least 10 minutes ago. She had already lost a lot of blood when I arrived.”

The doctor stared back in disbelief. He glanced back down toward the wound in Kandice’s abdomen. He lifted up her shirt slightly to glance at the wound more closely when a voice over his shoulder startled him.

“Get this woman to the infimary. NOW.”

Standing behind the doctor as two guards moved in to quickly lift Kandice onto the stretch was a taller man with blonde hair that styled back. Even within the darker environment, he wore sunglasses to cover his eyes and adorning his body was a stylish black suit. A simple red tie was the only variance that this man had to his wardrobe as he continued to stare down toward the doctor.

“Yes, Warden….Right away.” The doctor stammered as he raced up to his feet and rushed down the hallway with the two guards moving the stretcher. The warden stared only for a brief moment at Amy before walking away, his shoes clicking against the ground with each step.

---Prison Infirmary---

After administering the sedation medication, the doctor stared briefly at a nearby monitor - still visibly confused at the near perfect vital signs for someone who had suffered such a traumatic event. “This isn’t right….” He said aloud only to himself and to the unconscious Kandice in front of him. “By all accounts you should be dead.”

His eyes diverted back to her abdomen - a place he had intended to check briefly before the warden grabbed his attention. As he lifted up the blanket covering the exposed abdomen, his eyes widened in complete disbelief. The woman that was nearing death just minutes before was now somehow patched up in front of him.

“How in the….”

“Augmentation, Doctor.” A voice called from behind him. The clicking of the shoes grew louder as the Warden stepped further into the room. “More specifically….cellular regeneration augmentation - among other things.”

The doctor stared back in disbelief. “An Augment? Here? In our prison?”

The warden stepped into the lighted area, a small grin upon his face as he glanced over to the doctor. “This one is a special case, Doctor. She’s not aware of her true capabilities - at least for right now.”

“So, she believes that she is a normal woman?” The doctor asked as he placed the covering over Kandice’s abdomen again and began to clean up the area around the biobed. It was obvious to him at the moment that any sort of surgery was unnecessary.

The warden simply nodded as he moved up to the head of the bed. He reached out and gently stroked her forehead and hair with his black gloved hand. “As far as she or the others are concerned, Doctor….you saved her life today. There will be no mentioning to this to anyone. Understood?”

“Yes, Warden.” The doctor simply replied as he finished placing the last few tools away in a nearby cabinet.

The warden briefly nodded before walking away. “Wake her in a few hours and release her back to general population.” He ordered as he exited through the doors.

---The Next Day - Cell Block E---

“Dammit!” The Chief ‘Interrogator’ growled, throwing his precious Romulan mind probes across the room in frustration. The surprisingly fragile devices smashed upon impact with the ferrocrete walls. No matter what he tried, from drugs to Mind Probes and every technique in between, nothing would break through his subject’s remarkable psychological and physiological makeup. He just didn’t have the medical knowledge to find a way around it either.

With little else he could do, The Chief Interrogator rubbed his tired eyes and ordered Prisoner 50214’s release back into the Inmate population - after leaving him alone for a few hours to stew.

At sunrise Beast lined up with the other inmates of Cell Block E, ignoring the suspicious looks his return earned him, ready for morning Roll Call. His large black eyes, which wrapped partway around his head, afforded him nearly 180 degree peripheral vision - which he used to search for Kandice Justice in the neatly ordered rows of prisoners.

To his surprise, she was not there. Had she been taken for interrogation? Or worse - did her lack of knowledge of regular prison life get her ‘shanked’?

After all, the two of them were probably the only political prisoners in this Cell Block. If rumour could be believed - which he found dubious at best - there were high profile ‘Politicals’ (as they were known to the Guards) in Cell Block A, including one Kathryn Janeway. Again, if that were true it would be interesting to find out why he and Justice were in among violent criminals rather than fellow Politicals…

The doors to the infirmary opened up as Kandice slowly entered into the block once more. Her abdomen was wrapped in bandaging - the tell-tale sign to all the others of a wounded animal entering in the cage of wolves once more. The expression on her face showed it all - exhaustion, worry, and so many troubled thoughts.

With each slow step, she made her way around the block area, trying to avoid the main floor and the most visibility. The shadows of the upper floors platforms made for a decent cover. She attempted to walk normal as she walked past cells that were occupied, attempting to add to the illusion that she was actually ok.

If Beast had the human ability to project feelings with facial expression, his would have been a picture of shock. What happened to her? He didn’t have a chance to ask as the Warden marched in and started roll call. But judging by the sneer on the faces of a couple of the inmates as Kandice had walked in, he had an idea of where he could find out later.

Kandice had just made it to her cell as the guards came around to do their counts. She stood outside the door quietly, opposite of Amy who had the facial expression of someone who just saw a ghost. As the guards scanned the badges on their uniforms and walked off, Amy glanced back over to Kandice and whispered, “I thought you had died in there.”

Kandice only shrugged her shoulders slightly. “Maybe I did and this is my own personal hell…”

The sudden yell of “Quiet!” from one of the guards quickly silenced both of them as they gazed back forward. The following few minutes were painful to Kandice as she stood still - waiting as the guards completed their counts. An unexpected moment came as a Warden grabbed a microphone from a guard.

“As you are aware, we have had some problems in recent past with some minor annoyances on this block.” The warden began as he paced around on the main floor. His shoes clicked against the cement ground with every step as he continued with his speech. “I am here today to give a clear and final warning. Any attempts to disrupt the balance of this establishment will be met with strict and lethal force.”

In unison, several guards appear with high powered rifles - the ones designed for special recon officers of the Marines. The warden gestured back to them as they stepped into the lighted area of the main floor. “These men will carry out my orders to the letter should anyone wish to test my wishes. Is that understood?”

The block remained completely silent as everyone stared toward the warden and enforcement guards.

“Very well.” The warden stated with a look of satisfaction. “Now, grab your coats and enjoy some fresh air out in the yard.”

As the warden handed the microphone back to the guards and walked out, other guards had all ready began the process of yelling at prisoners to quickly gather up and head outside. As Kandice turned around to head into the cell to grab her jacket, Amy had stepped out and handed it to her. “Let’s go...we can talk outside.” As they proceded to the door, Kandice glanced over and saw the gray figure of Beast walking toward them as well.

“Glad to see you made it out, sir.” She said, trying to force a smile across her face.

“More luck than judgement,” Beast admitted humbly, “If they knew anything about my physiology it would have been a different outcome. What happened to you?”

As the three of them headed outside, the gust of cold wind could be felt even before they reached the threshold of the door. Snow was pouring down into the courtyard and the temperature was much colder than the previous times in the yard. “I found myself in a bad moment.” Kandice simply said as they trudged through the ankle deep snow.

Amy raised an eyebrow as she shook her head. “A bad moment? You had a shank go right into your abdomen and almost died. That’s a little bit more than just a bad moment.”

“Who would want to do such a thing?” Beast was perturbed. Beatings were one thing, but blatant murder attempts were another. That was usually the preserve of more secure facilities, “And why isn’t there a lockdown?”

Before Kandice could respond, a grunt from a familiar figure could be heard coming up behind her. “Well, hello there, cupcake.” Larnell sneered as he placed his hooved hands on her shoulders. “I heard about what happened to you and I wanted to see how you were doing.”

“I’m fine.” Kandice forcibly said as she lifted up her hand to remove Larnell’s off of her shoulder. The sudden movement caused her to cringe slightly as she covered her abdomen and bend slightly over.

“Oh dear...my precious cupcake is still hurting.” Larnell sarcastically said as he quickly grabbed her by the hair and pulled her back up. “We never got to finish our conversation before.” Larnell stared over at Beast after finally noticing him there. “Cupcake….why don’t you tell your friends to go away for a bit so we can talk.”

Beast slowly widened his stance and folded his arms. The message was clear - he wasn’t going anywhere.

“No...Beast...it’s fine. If he wants to talk…” Kandice sighed slightly as she turned to face Larnell for a moment. “....Then we’ll talk.”

“Good. Come with me, cupcake.” Larnell said as he offered out arm, acting like a gentleman. Without taking upon his offer, Kandice began to walk along side him, away from Amy and Beast. After making it several feet away from them, Larnell stopped along side the courtyard wall and stood there, staring back at Kandice.

“So….why did Carpathia send in an Augment to our lovely establishment?” Larnell asked as he crossed his arms.

“What do you mean?” Kandice asked as she appeared confused.

“You, cupcake…” Larnell casually said as he leaned up against the wall. “Why did he send you here? Who are you after?”

Kandice was still confused. Was he really calling her an Augment? The Augments that she knew were severely violent - and loyal to Carpathia. “What makes you think I’m an Augment? Second….why in the world would I serve Carpathia when I can’t even stand to be on the same planet as that piece of trash…”

Larnell lifted up his hooved hand and gestured toward her stomach. “Because I know that shank went in at least several centimeters. A normal pink skin would have been dead by the prison response time.” Larnell crossed his arms again as he stared out into the courtyard, glancing at the various soldiers. “Also….the warden took an interest in you. A normal shanking would have had everyone in their cells with hardly any food for weeks….but it would have also been reported. This slid under the rug from what I hear from my sources.”

Kandice shrugged her shoulders. “I have no idea. Look...I’m in here because I pissed off some loyalists several months ago.” She then sighed slightly as she offered up another part of the explanation. “It didn’t help that I gave someone a schematic for a bomb and I got charged with conspiring to commit a terrorist act.”

Larnell moved himself away from the wall as he started to walk away for a moment before stopping. “All right, cupcake. I’ll play along for right now.” A little smirk came across his face as he looked back toward Kandice. “I have a feeling that things are going to start picking up with you around.” After a light chuckle, Larnell began to walk away, heading over toward his usual spot in the expansive court yard.

As Kandice walked back over toward Beast and Amy - she could clearly see the look of concern on Amy’s face. “What did he say to you?” Amy asked as she glanced back and forth toward Kandice and Larnell as he moved back toward his gang.

“Apparently….” Kandice halted for a moment. A voice echoed through her mind - her impulse to say what Larnell said was quickly rushed away from her existence and the need to say something completely different came forward. “....Apparently he found out that I used to be an Engineer. He asked some questions….I told him the answers….he walked off.”

Beast glanced over at Larnell’s back, watching him swagged away. Why the interest in this girl? What was so different about her that made him have it in for her? He had heard of human bullying before but had never understood how it all worked, how one could behave toward another like that. Maybe it would elude him forever.

“Still,” Beast cautioned Justice, “It would be wise to be careful what you do. His interest in you is most unhealthy and he seems to operate with a level of impunity I do not like.”

“I’ll be fine.” Kandice replied as she turned around and faced the open courtyard area. “I’ll be just fine.”

Joint Post with KJ and Wood as Beast.
Kandice Justice
Kandice Justice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Kandice Justice Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:39 pm

====SS Valhalla======

Between the demands of his job and the hole in his heart that slowly consumed him, Captain Vasquez relished the few opportunities he got to sit on the dark Bridge, basking in the peace of solitude. Rarely did it get as relaxing as it did this night, when the great pain within decided to give him a break.

"I take it you couldn't sleep, either?" The voice of Engineer Owens was one of few he didn't mind interrupting his 'me time'.

"It's been a long time since I got a good, long night's sleep Anthony," Vasquez grimaced in the dark, "I doubt anyone has."

Anthony positioned himself on one of the nearby stools while he reached into one of the pockets on his suit and pulled out a candy bar. It was one of the few amenities that Anthony had left from Earth on him - a little indulgence from the portion packets that were served 3 times a day. Unfortunately for Owens, it was his last one.

"Man....I'm going to miss these." Owens said as he unwrapped the white wrapper of the Baby Ruth bar. As he sunk his teeth into the bar to take a bite, a signal came upon the screen. "Hey, Captain....umm....We got a message coming in." He shifted his attention toward the screen more as he wrapped up the candy bar and placed it away. "That's weird.....I can't tell where it's coming from."

(Vasquez)
Kandice Justice
Kandice Justice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Arkham was busy working in his private lab, the machines burbled away as he created the new part for the gravity drive that he had been developing for almost a century, removing his glasses he rubbed his eyes when the message came for all senior partners to attend a meeting in the ready room.

Reaching for his glass of whiskey he slugged it back and got up from his work station leaving Adama to finish the diagnostics on the new mechanism, "I will be back old friend" he murmured as he left the lab only to see Adam give a slight wave not bothering to lift his head from the micro dialyses.

THE READY ROOM

Lucius made himself comfortable and gave a nod to the Admiral who began to give his small history talk on the back ground of the federation but when it came to Carpathia Lucius became uncomfortable. Through his Father Vespasian he had heard how the President had locked up anybody with an ounce of intelligence, even the small but lavish embassy of Archimedes on earth had come under fire for standing up to racial rights within the Federation.

But for Lucius some thing ate away at the back of his mind, after all these years he had never forgotten that night, the night when the Chief of research, Admiral Sir Ian Fry from London, was "bagged" on titan, the elderly man had been taken from the station by black shirted security forces claiming a breech on international security.

Lucius did not see his friend again, some spoke of him being imprisoned, others said he had been executed, what ever his fate Lucius had never given up hope of seeing his friend again.

*****Tag ready room******

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:36 am

After his chat with Security Chief Star, Wood made his way back out onto the bridge. Quietly he sat down in the Captain's chair and let his mind turn over the numerous things that needed to be considered before the Rendez-vous, details that he once had reveled in were now things he would rather not have to think about - not when it was supposed to be his own side.

Thankfully he was ripped out of his reverie by Danno and Hatter, who seemed to be a little more excited than he supposed they should be right now...

{danno and Hatter}
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:56 pm

Lucius looked over at the Admiral and could see his pain, he don't get to live as long as he had and not learn a thing or two about people.

Moving away from his engineering console he moved quietly and elegantly over to the Admirals side.

"Sir, its always darkest before the dawn. Things are going to get tough along the way and things are going to go to hell before it gets better, but never loose hope nor confidence in yourself. You have endured so much, you have loved and lost, you have seen comrades die but your still here....that says something about yourself.

Never loose faith in yourself"

Tag Woody

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Deck One
Briefing Room

Let’s make this happen folks. Dismissed.”

Clarissa pushed back from her seat with trained restraint. She wanted nothing more than to slam her seat back into table, but with so many around her that just wasn't becoming of her. She trudged resentfully to the Turbolift, waiting for the chance not to have to join any of the other officers and to be left to her thoughts. She'd mused over the fact that he'd asked Ms. Star to stay behind and had yet to have her report on the previous event that still hung in the air like stale cheese.

Deck Seven
Main Sickbay

She had done her rounds, many of those who were being released today had been caught in the skirmish. She'd had one person detained for further questioning by Security but that was it. General maintenance from Engineering and restocking was being left to the junior crew on duty. She had allowed the other doctors to continue with their own research projects, totally unaware of what was going to happen next with the Admiral's plan. She thought about her own research she'd pushed onto the back burner after being assigned here with her now MIA spouse. She simply shook her head and came back to reality with a cough came from the door jamb of her office.

"Sir." Started an Engineering Ensign. "I have an updated status report that I thought you'd like to hear about some of your labs.  Out of the 5 labs on deck 8 that are bio-chem-physics labs and are shared with your department, one is still under repair and from what I was told by one of the Science Lous, they don't have enough stock to keep it running so they're shutting it down until further notice and Engineering doesn't have the specific items needed to sustain it without cannibalizing somewhere else."

Clarissa took the padd, "Alright. What else? That can't be all..." She looked up at the Ensign, unsurprised by the report so far.

"The main XT (extra-terrestrial) analysis lab on Deck 7 wasn't damaged in the take over, but the Eugenics lab was. Doctor Link told me to let you know that all of his research pods had been destroyed. I don't know what that means, but he seemed utterly devastated over it and he... uhm... blames you." The Ensign held up their hands in a shrug. "Sorry. Anyways, we'll do our best to get it back up and running the best we can, but we won't be 100% until we get to a star base or something."

"Fat chance of that. If that's all, let Chief Arkham know." She authorized her end of the padd and gave it back to the Ensign. It wasn't horrible news in the least, but it was still unpleasant. But the issue with the Eugenics lab relit her anger towards the Admiral. Eugenics was just another fancy word for a more sophisticated development of Augmentation.

Which was what her spouse was. And he was missing. And only one person knew where he was and why he'd abandoned his daughter.

Again.
Clarissa Loki
Clarissa Loki
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:26 pm

The Valhalla. Name didn’t ring a bell at all, piquing his historical curiosity enough that he handed over the Bridge to the first officer and practically jumped behind his Ready Room desk to look into this mystery ship.

His first port of call would be the old UESPA Archives.

Clarissa shooed the agitated Dr. Link from her office. His research was of little concern to her right now. She had bigger fish to fry at this point. She calmly asked the computer where Admiral Wood was currently located and simply nodded once she heard he was on the Bridge.

*Dushall’s bridge...* She thought fleetingly as she rode the Turbolift back up to the Bridge.

“Ah. Admiral Wood. Do you have a few minutes of your time to spare? We have things to discuss of a private nature.” She said, barely waiting for his response and made her way towards the office her husband should have been occupying.

Wood didnt need to be an empath to read her barely concealed hostility. If he didn’t know better he would have thought they were on some kind of pirate ship rather than a Starfleet vessel - still, he reminded himself, these people have had quite a rough ride recently. Once they were in the Ready Room, Wood offered her a seat.

Clarissa was tempted to ignore the offer of the seat and continue to stand, but knew how that would turn out. “Thanks.” She looked at the Admiral. “We both knew this was coming, so here it is in black and white. I know that I failed the Redemption by allowing the coup to happen.” She held up her hand at the facial twitch on Wood’s face. “Let me finish. Ms. Star was in getting the peace back aboard the ship and should be commended.

Wood had a feeling that wasn’t everything, so he figured it was best to let her finish her piece, “Okay.”

“Upon further review of the logs, I have given it some thought but I do want Lt. Danno and Hatter reprimanded as they blatantly ignored my orders and endangered not only their lives but the crew’s too.”

Without saying a word, the Admiral picked up a PADD from the desk and made a point of reading it for a moment. He didn’t sit down, but simply moved to a position where the desk was no longer between him and Loki. His expression was no longer welcoming, nor friendly. Now it was down to brass tacks, “Let me make one thing clear. Right now we have the unique situation where Federation is fighting Federation - blue on blue in Marine parlance. People are struggling with choosing sides and the situation you faced was not your ordinary power struggle. You did, however, lead the crew effectively in regaining control of the ship and for that your actions are worthy of respect - not condemnation. As for Hatter and Danno - they will be dealt with for what they did. Simple as that.” He took a breath and continued before she could say anything further, “Talking of dealing with things, you’ve made a frankly crap effort at hiding your hostility toward me since the moment I set foot on this ship. Why?”

She supposed that this conversation was the whole reason she was up here in the first place. She leaned forward in the chair to pick up a digi-frame that still sat on the desk. It was a rotating screen image of a family at the Disney planet for their daughter’s last birthday.

Her daughter’s last birthday.

She put the photograph down after a moment and looked at the Admiral dead on. “Where is my husband?”

Now we’re talking, “Honest answer,” Wood said, “I was transported to the Yacht after he left. There was no note, no indication of where he’d gone or why. In all the time I’ve known and worked with him, he’s never just up and gone like this before. I have my friends at Starfleet Intelligence quietly looking for him though, the moment I get word of him - I’ll let you know personally.”

That was NOT the answer she wanted to hear. If it were actually possible, she’d be seeing red and steam pouring out of her ears. “He went out looking for YOU, Admiral. He was done with that life. He promised me that.” She paused, hung her head sadly. “More importantly, he promised our daughter.” She looked up, her face slightly flushed. “What do I do now? Gracie cries herself to sleep at night waiting for her father to return.”

She stood and looked out the porthole for a moment, composing herself. After several moments the Doctor turned around to face the Admiral once more, her demeanor was rigid and cold. She spoke with a quiet voice, “You know about him and his unique... genetics, don’t you?” She caught his eye. “Please. Don’t lie to me.”

As much as he didn’t enjoy having these kinds of conversations, the Admiral swallowed back his discomfort and pressed on, “I do and always have.”

The blatant statement would have sent her reeling, by all accounts it should have. “Frack. I didn’t think anyone else knew but us and those he worked for previously.” She tilted her head as the hair on the back of her neck stood up and swallowed the fear that threatened to run her blood totally cold. “And Gracie?”

Wood shook his head, “If she’s got some of his traits - it’s nothing I knew about. I found out about Dushall’s ‘talents’ when I worked with him back when I first hit flag rank. I consider him a good friend, so his secret stayed with me.”

Clarissa looked at the Admiral, wondering just how much he really knew and what he wasn’t letting the Redemption crew in on. She stood, “I suppose I have drills to be running once Engineering is done with the medical and science labs, then.”

Wood held up a hand for her to hold on, “Look, I know you’re not overly impressed with what’s happened with Eric. In all honesty neither am I. He’s a great officer and more importantly a friend, I’d like to have him here with us. I’ll pull every string I have left trying to find him and bring him back to us - to you. However,” His expression had softened considerably, “You are a Starfleet Officer and more importantly a leader. Your staff will look to you first for strength to get through this and if they see you running through these halls wearing your upset on your sleeve, well. It’ll break them in no time. I know I’m asking a lot, but trust me. I have no intention of leaving Eric out there, nor do I feel like getting us all killed either. Can you put your feelings to one side, for your people?”

She countered with a slightly raised eyebrow and then lowered it. Now was not the time to give attitude. They both said their piece and she knew deep down that neither of them seemed to have all of the answers. Her anger had been misplaced. “Aye, sir. Now if you’ll excuse me. I have drills to run.”

Wood nodded, “Carry on Doctor.”

JP - Admiral Wood and Dr Loki

Last edited by Admiralwood on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Harper Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:45 pm

It had been a few hours and they had managed to narrow down the potental locations to an area that could be easily searched with a single ship. It was then that Danno tapped his comm badge =^=LT Danno to Admiral Wood I have found something interesting I wanted you to show you =^=

Having been busy with other things up until now, Wood was intrigued by this development. Then again, ‘interesting’ could be just about anything. He could only hope it would be something useful to the mission, =^=”On my way.”=^=

It didn’t take the Admiral long to reach Danno’s location, though his mind worked overtime trying to figure out what this ‘interesting’ thing might be. That curious streak had always been a source of annoyance to his old Academy lecturers. He saw Danno standing with Lieutenant Hatter and took a deep breath before approaching them.
“What have you got for me Mister Danno?”

Danno had a large smile on his face he felt like a kid in a candy store all the tiredness he had been feeling from lack of sleep was currently gone the only thing on his mind was this puzzle. Danno started to speak at a speed that many had a hard time following, "How much do you know of earths history wait not important do you know what a number station is wait also not that main point, the main point is we have found an old radio signals I mean old like predates the federation old enough that it potentially could be pre WW3, and man was it hard to track down but we have done it mostly. How did it get this far out I mean this will be like digging up dinosaurs, but if you want a more practical reason to go check it out if the signal was this hard to track and find maybe we could use it in our ship to help avoid being caught and kill," With that Danno stopped to breathe.

Wood had to really focus in order to keep track with the machine-gun pace that Danno spoke at, but he was pretty sure he got the gist, “You’re starting to go a little blue there,” He smiled to show he was only kidding, “An old school Radio signal, eh? They used to use that sort of thing on aircraft before and - for a time - after the Third World War. It was replaced by subspace Comms by the end of the 21st century... This is interesting, good find you two!”

The Admiral stepped up to the console and smiled as he opened up the ship’s historical database, “Now I think we can rule out aircraft, so that only leaves a starship of some kind - dating from the 21st century or a little before. Could be a sleeper ship. Any chance you can use the signal to trace its source?”

“We have done most of that already I did not want to call you down here unless we had something solid which we do I have a fair size area in which it looks like it could be found in, at warp 9 it would only take us about 3 hours to get there. But there is no way anyone is alive I mean even if it was a sleeper ship no ship at the speed they had could get this far out and still have any power left,” Danno was smiling at the thought of being able to find some of the very base tech that most of what they used was based off of with that he could make all sorts of edits and possible improvements to who knows how many different things.

“Well in that case it’s worth a look if the retro tech will help us with our mission.” Wood agreed, tapping his comb-badge.

=^=”Helm, take us to the co-ordinates Danno is about to supply you with. Maximum Warp.”=^=

He turned his attention back to Danno and Hatter, “Let me know if you find anything else of interest on the way. Good work you two.”

"Yes sir." Danno finished with a small salute before returning to his computer and sending the info up to helm.

JP Admiral Wood & LT 'Danno' Luthor
Harper
Harper
Chief Engineering Officer
Chief Engineering Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Walking from one shipboard location to another was just part of a Starship Commander's job, an element which the Admiral had not had to do for years - and he felt electrified, more alive than he'd felt since the Andromedan Crisis. To him, it was being back in the saddle again, enjoying the pressures and rewards of being responsible for the lives encapsulated inside the ship's tritanium form.

He deliberately took the longest possible route to the turbolift, giving himself time to think over the day's developments and also mull over the coming mission to Earth. Details, it was always about the details on these things.

At least he had three hours to work with before he was really needed on the Bridge.

Along the way he passed a trio of Marines in PT gear jogging, which gave him an idea. The Admiral started to jog too, heading for the turbolift and ordering it to take him into Marine Country. When the doors opened he could practically hear the martial drums pounding out their marching beat, such was the orderly and disciplined world he'd stepped into.

Marines marched about the halls in small groups on various orders of business, Sergeants barked commands - Wood could swear he heard Master Sergeant Th'Idran with a drill squad nearby. Every Marine he passed offered a smart salute, which Wood returned in kind. There was a reason these people were called 'The Federation's finest'.

As he went past the Marine's Med Centre he spotted Lieutenant Moondark, deciding on the fly to pay her a visit.

"It's been a long time since I visited a ship's Marine Country," He said walking in, "Where would I find our finest fighting folk in mission training?"

[Tag Moondark and Marines]
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:58 pm

| Medbay (aka 'The Hut')
| Marine Country

“Um, rain check? I’m supposed to meet with Conners to work on his target accuracy- He’s been getting sloppy in drills.”

“Sure target accuracy...” the grin on her face saying that she didn't believe for a second that their target practice was going to remain professional for very long “note to self don't go the the range for a while” she teased bumping shoulders with Ziva playfully as the trio walked back to Marine country.

Upon reaching 'home' the trio had spilt and Beth had slipped a pack of cards out of one of the pockets on the side of her trousers and started shuffling the deck sure that she could find someone willing to play a few hands with her.

She had gotten as far as rounding up a couple of people willing to try their luck with her and ordered herself a large mug of tea which she cradled in one hand when she heard someone yelling for her.

An out of breath marine dressed in sweat soaked gym gear came sliding into the rec area “Voodoo Python's.... out cold... on the mats” he managed to say between gulping down lungfuls of air.

Rolling her eyes she apologised to those she had gathered for a game and stowed her pack of cards away. She passed her mug of tea of to one of the marines she knew took hers the same way as herself and jogged off after the panting marine stopping to grab her med bag.

Python's squad leader was kneeling at the side of the fallen marine trying unsuccessfully to get him to wake up. Hearing footsteps he looked up, a worried look on his face, “he told me he was fine, told me you'd cleared him for duty” the large man shook his head “I'm guessing he lied, damn him” the last was muttered under his breath. Python had taken a brain rattling blow to the head two days before during a training exercise that had knocked him out cold and he was supposed to be taking it easy and avoiding any blows to the head. Instead he was laying on the sparring mats out cold once again.

Beth knelt by his side shaking her head “nope sorry Gunny I trusted him to tell you I said no more training for two days, next time I'll come tell you personally when he'd cleared that last head injury floored him lets hope he hasn't scrambled his brains this time”. She wasn't really surprised to find that Python had jumped back into the training ring, it was difficult enough to keep regular marines from doing what they loved nevermind these guys.

Peeling back first one closed eyelid then the other she flashed her penlight checking the reactions of his pupils before quickly scanning him. “Idiot” she muttered looking up to a couple of the bigger marines “take him to the 'Hut' and lay him on the bed, gently guys” she ordered referring to the tiny medbay that had a couple of biobeds for her to take care of the less serious injuries that marines suffered during their training and in the line of duty.

One of the more imaginative marines decided that since her callsign was 'Voodoo' that it must make the tiny medbay Baba Yaga's Hut which of course got shortened to the 'Hut'. Another marine had, in his spare time, painted her a picture of what he thought the witch's chicken legged hut should look like and she had proudly put it up in the hall outside the 'Hut'.

“Not your fault Gunny” she said softly laying a hand on his shoulder for a moment “I'll let you know when he can have visitors and you can drag him over the coals” she flashed a half smile and followed after the others.

A while later her thoroughly concussed marine was lying on a biobed, his vital signs being monitored and shown on the monitor on the wall beside him. Beth sat listening to the soft beeping of the monitor as she updated his medical file and sent his Squad leader, along with Tybalt, a copy of the order sticking Python on light duty for the next few days at least.

"It's been a long time since I visited a ship's Marine Country," He said walking in, "Where would I find our finest fighting folk in mission training?"

Looking up she offered the Admiral a genuinely warm smile and set her padd aside along with her half full mug of rapidly cooling tea. She stood up and walked a few steps away from the unconscious marine.

“It depends which mission, what aspect of said mission and which marines, we train twenty four seven, even in our sleep” she smiled again “our snipers are usually in the range, if its morning I'm usually doing field medicine training with various medically trained marines” she shrugged one shoulder “there is always someone in the gym at any time of the day or night should you wish to let off a little stress that those boxed pips must carry” she offered knowing not everyone would be comfortable sparring against Brass but knowing a few, herself included, understood about leaving their rank outside the ring.

“Currently Lieutenant Ambrose has his platoon working on a prison assault scenario on holodeck two, he's designed it based on plans that were in the computer of one of the prisons on Earth but I'm not sure which one exactly” she explained.

TAG: Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:52 pm

| Office
| Marine Country

If there was one thing that made finally leaving the life he had chosen a century ago seem like a good idea it was the sheer amount of time Tybalt was spending at his desk these days. new training programmes, personal message requests for a mail drop that might never be organised, equipment sign-offs and crew 'constant improvement evaluations' all seemed to require more of his time now than they ever did twenty years ago. Part of that of course was that they were currently without not only home base admin support but also a colonel and a whole load of other 'little' things like that, which could have taken some of the burden off the detachment's officers.. who could in turn have not therefore dumped some of the load down to the senior NCO's

That more than one of the other Company seniors seemed to think of Tyablt as some sort of wise man down from the mountain and apparently equate that with being all knowing about what it was they were going to be up against wasn't really helping; not least of which because that little 'planning' chat he and Wood had had back on the yacht fed right into that myth.

So he was being asked for second opinions on stuff that was well above his 'pay grade' and asked to formulate first opinions on stuff that was simply beyond the ken of any aboard.... Like for instance the number of these gennie-augments that they might end up facing, and the likely abilities of them compared with the average gold-bellied sec boy.

Honest truth was that particular latter opinion was one that really was giving Tybalt the most difficulty, his formative years having very definitely soured him against the Nietzschen supremacists and their 'we're better than you' beliefs. he wasn't sure it was true but the quote that he had taken most to heart at the time had allegedly come from kirk's own McCoy, "When you mess with life like that you only ever make broken things"

Nothing in his years of service had ever happened to convince him that Bones had been anything but right, but finding good hard solid facts to back p that pseudo-mysticism was perhaps a little more than tough, after all how would anyone know they were dealing with an augment unless they gave themselves away.. like by going Gorn berserker in a Zicolo or trying to wipe out all the 'inferior beings' with a doomsday weapon.

So Tybalt was procrastinating around that one report, and instead dealing with others, like the surly QM's demand they retire half their carbines and almost all their pistols in case the rebellion dragged on and spares were hard to acquire. Like most quartermasters the guy had never exactly been 'Mr. smiles rainbows and unicorns' but the wording of this last request seemed he was about ready to prepare for another Great Deluge and the sundering of the chains of hell... all of which would be more likely to happen if they didn't immediately take everything breakable off every marine under the age of fifty....

It was overblown, exaggerated and typically job-centric, but replying to it in person meant that Tyablt could leave that other report a while longer and escape the flickering demands of all those 'urgent' update requests for just a little longer.

"Staff Gilmore I'm on my way down" Tybalt announced over the coms, before heading to the replicator to make sure he went armed with the one thing that would make the conversation go easier, a good sized mug of seriously bitter coffee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:27 am

“It depends which mission, what aspect of said mission and which marines, we train twenty four seven, even in our sleep” she smiled again “our snipers are usually in the range, if its morning I'm usually doing field medicine training with various medically trained marines” she shrugged one shoulder “there is always someone in the gym at any time of the day or night should you wish to let off a little stress that those boxed pips must carry” she offered knowing not everyone would be comfortable sparring against Brass but knowing a few, herself included, understood about leaving their rank outside the ring.

“Currently Lieutenant Ambrose has his platoon working on a prison assault scenario on holodeck two, he's designed it based on plans that were in the computer of one of the prisons on Earth but I'm not sure which one exactly” she explained.

The Admiral noticed for the first time that Moondark had a very warm smile, a seeming departure from the cold discipline of the Corps - but a welcome one.

He wouldn't have minded going now, especially considering the 'stress of those boxed pips' was about fifty times greater than normal with their situation - a good bit of combat practice would definitely let off some steam. That would have to wait, he reminded himself, at least until he'd seen how the mission drills were going.

"If you're offering a spar," Wood grinned, "Then I may just take you up on that."

Not what he was planning on saying, but then at least this way he could clear his head a bit before tackling the formulation of finer mission plan details.

{Moondark}
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:51 pm

She grinned “just as long as you don't listen to those who say I use magic to win my fights” she joked, glancing for a moment to the monitor by Python's bed before turning her attention back to the Admiral. “Most of those people have probably lost a hand of cards or six in the rec room or dropship with me” she added by way of explanation.

Sparring against the Admiral would give her an idea of just how true the stories were about him and his ability to kick seven shades of out of people and how much of the war stories from the Andromedan war were fiction. Of course Tybalt thought highly of the large man standing in front of her so she was pretty sure that he would be more than capable of handling himself in the ring and in a real fight.

Of course it wasn't going to hurt seeing him in his gym gear either.

“Technically I'm off shift for the next three hours so just let me know when you'd like to hit the mats” she said completely ignoring the fact that despite her technically being off duty she was working. With the planning and preparation for their upcoming mission kicking in it was important that the few other medical officers in the detachment were involved in the training missions with their own teams so she was pulling a little of the slack that left behind.

TAG: Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Ziva Creed Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:07 pm

Ziva Creed
Marine Range

The air around them was damp, enough to cause his tanned and her grey, exposed flesh to bubble up in attempt to retain their body heat. They had been at this since the briefing dismissal and she was starting to think that her point was not being taken as heavily as it should have been. "Quit thinking, take the dag on shot." She ordered him as she leaned up onto her knees.

Squeezing his eyes shut he swore under his breath before flipping over and pinning her beneath him, making sure to place his knees between hers to protect the area she was sure to counter attack first. "You need to shut up, I've already hit the target forty times, in all the crazy scenarios you've ran." Connors stated as he took the time to look over his fellow sniper.

"Correction, you hit the target exactly thirty two times because you seem to have this issue of getting side tracked." Ziva replied as she caught the flash of anger and perhaps something more in his eyes. "Getting side tracked gets you and your team below you killed, if you can't handle and ignore someone merely running their fingers over your @ss as you take a shot, then I'll inform Tybalt that you want to swap out."

He leaned down, their bodies brushing enough to ignite the smolder into a small flame. "You didn't mind getting side tracked earlier." He teased, lowering his mouth to brush against hers as she turned her face away at the very last second, his lips landing on her cheek instead, placing her mouth next to his right ear. "That was then Indigo." She whispered huskily before shoving him off her and jumping to her feet, putting a few feet between them as she crossed her arms over her chest. "In case you missed the memo, we happen to belong to a damn elite recon, and nothing,nothing, can distract us during an assignment..."

"I hardly think I'm going to indulge like that during an OP Demon." He spat out at her as he too, stood and began gathering his things off the deck.

"Then tell me what the hell has crawled up your arse so you can go back to hitting the target correctly!" She shot back at him with a touch of anger. He had been festering about something for a week or better and Ziva was done playing games.

"It's you! You're like a freaking praying mantis or or black widow and I'm just wondering when it's going to me that's on the effing menu for dinner!" The second the words left his mouth they hit their target dead center as Ziva recoiled and decked him in the jaw before turning and grabbing her kit bag and striding off the range, leaving him with his @ss on the floor and her left hand throbbing slightly as she shoved her emotions into the tight locker inside her.

She stormed into the locker room, yanked her locker open, tossed her gear bag inside, slammed it shut before stripping down and walking into the showers, intent to quite literally wash her latest bed partner out of her hair and to calm down. When the water hit her scraped knuckles of her left hand, Ziva sucked in a breath and muscled through the stings as she quickly showered then redressed in clean pt gear. Her hand was slightly swollen, but she knew it wasn’t broken, hell, she had given the idiot a love tap in comparison to what she probably should have given him. “Next time I’m not pulling my punch.” she grumbled before making the decision to go restock her small med kit and see if that card game Beth offered earlier was still available.

Moments later she was entering the ‘Hut’ and flashing one of the male nurses a bright smile as she leaned on the counter with her elbows. “Hiya handsome, I’m looking for your boss, she promised a card game, but if she’s busy I’ll substitute with you instead.” she flirted harmlessly as she took a subtle glance about and spotting Beth chatting with Admiral Wood over by one of the biobeds.

To the man’s credit, he just laughed at her and rolled his eyes. “And have my wife castrate me? No thank you Demon.” he replied with a grin and jerked his thumb in the direction of the Marine Doc behind him. “She’s over in that direction I think.” he turned back to what he was doing then looked back up. “Oh and Demon?”

Ziva glanced down at him as she pushed away from the counter. “Yeah?” she answered, making the decision to go restock her kit first then talk with her friend, incase Beth and the Admiral were discussing something important.

“Next time hit the idiot harder.”

She laughed aloud as she shook her head at him and made her way over to the supply room to restock her med kit.
Ziva Creed
Ziva Creed
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Lt. (Jg) Hatter took over from the postion at the helm from the NE that had been holding her postion, and layed in the spacial coordinates with out even looking at the data package that Lt. Danno sent over to the helm console.
As she moved the massive vessel that was USS Redemption into postion with the thrusters, she opened a comms channel with an idea. =^=Hatter to Arkham. I'm about to open the engines to maximum warp, but I was thinking that if we can divert some of the impluse power throught the secondary EPS relays we might able to add more power to the warp bubble and push the engines to 9.7 with out burning the coils out.=^=

Jess was, in actual fact, in no rush to get to their destination, but given their current situation, polticially speaking, more speed could not be a bad thing. That or more armour, and being a pilot by trade Hatter didn't really know anything about armour. That was more the area of the marine corps and the ops / security officers of the fleet.
Hatter3127
Hatter3127
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:03 pm

"Man....I'm going to miss these." Owens said as he unwrapped the white wrapper of the Baby Ruth bar. As he sunk his teeth into the bar to take a bite, a signal came upon the screen. "Hey, Captain....umm....We got a message coming in." He shifted his attention toward the screen more as he wrapped up the candy bar and placed it away. "That's weird.....I can't tell where it's coming from."

Vasquez smirked at his companion, shaking his head while he said, "What is it that we're going to find out here anyhow? Do you got the message at least?"

{Owens}
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Kandice Justice Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:46 am

Vasquez smirked at his companion, shaking his head while he said, "What is it that we're going to find out here anyhow? Do you got the message at least?"

"Barely." Owens sighed as his fingers danced across the panel in front of him. "The signal has degraded far too much. Let me try something." Anthony quickly stood up from the stool and moved across the small bridge area. He quickly unlatched and opened a panel near the front of the bridge. "I'm going to try to boost the communications array. I'll also need to see if I can filter out any interference."

He glanced underneath and began assorting through various wires and component boards. "Let's hope I don't cross the wrong one." Anthony reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a utility knife. With a flick of the wrist, he spliced open several various wires and began crossing them together. After a few moments he stood back up and went back to his console.

"Well...it's not much better.....but it's something." Owens stated as he played the little bit of audio that he could.

"This is...................Redemption..........."

(Vasquez)
Kandice Justice
Kandice Justice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:27 pm

| Gym
| Marine Country

Wood considered her proposal for a second. Three hours was the time it would take for Redemption to arrive at the source of Danno and Hatter’s strange radio signals, most of the crew were preparing in some way, shape or form for the mission to Earth - which meant there would be little need for his presence on the Bridge for a while.

Lord knew he could use letting off a little steam…

“I’ll see you in the gym,” He said with a coy grin, all the while trying to recall just where the Marines kept their gym facilities - afterall, the layout of the Galaxy Class’ Marine Country was vastly different to that of a Sovereign’s. He’d had little time to learn all of the ship’s schematics.

Beth returned his smile along with a slight nod of her head “I will see you there Sir” she replied “if you haven’t got your own gym gear there is usually a stack of spares in the locker room attached to the gym” she knew he had arrived here with nothing but the clothes on his back and didn’t know if he’d had the time to replicate anything.

“This is probably where I promise to be gentle or something but I’m a bit too competitive for that” she joked before he could leave. She wasn’t about to try turning the Admiral into a pink smear on the mat but she wasn’t going to give him a free ride because of his rank and position. If she was truthful she didn’t have a lot of respect for desk jockeys who thought nothing of throwing Marines into combat and she was pretty sure that Admiral Wood wasn’t one of those officers but it would be nice to have her impressions of him confirmed.

Truth is, Wood was a little glad to hear about the spare slacks. He’d barely had enough time to replicate himself a fresh duty uniform, let alone anything else. When Moondark mentioned her competitiveness he couldn’t help but like it, “Good. I have a competitive streak in me a mile wide, comes in handy now and again.”

With that he left to go and change. It took him a few minutes but he managed to find the changing rooms without issue and the spare slacks shortly after that.

“Well,” Wood said to himself as he started changing into the, typically, PT gear, “At least it isn’t white.”

The dressing rooms mercifully led right into the main gym, a wide space devoted to all manner of fitness machines, weights and - off in its own space - a martial arts mat. Time to see how well Starfleet hand to hand training stood up against their Marine Corps siblings…

Having passed the care of Python over to one of her colleagues Beth headed for the locker room to grab her olive drab gym shorts and t-shirt. A quick change later and retying up her hair Beth padded through to the gym in her bare feet, she always preferred sparring without her shoes if she could get away with it.

Wrapping her hands with white strapping as she walked through she smiled as she saw him waiting for her. She nodded her head at him and offered him a warm smile as she finished securing the cloth wrapping her hands. She opened and closed her hands to adjust the wrappings to the movements of her hands as she moved onto the mats.

“Last chance to pick a different partner?” she offered “Corporal Creed has a bit of pent up annoyance I’m sure she’d like to work out”.

Wood noticed the wrappings on her hands and unconsciously tightened his just that tiny bit more. He returned her smile and said, “I’m good for now.”

Then, as he always did, he took up a defensive posture and watched his opponent, trying to get a feel for his opponent.

Beth bounced on her toes a couple of times to loosen up the muscles in her legs and took a couple of deep breaths to centre herself and find that inner happy place that loved to fight, which wasn’t a hard task at all.

Moving towards the edge of the mat she brought her hands up before her and offered Wood one last flash of a warm smile before her face turned serious as she started assessing every slight movement he was making watching for the telltale that would show he going to move.

Wood stayed completely still, posture loose and fists bunched and held up to protect his face. Expression impassive, Wood focused on the training he’d received as a young cadet - keep calm, stay focused and above all - force your opponent to fight on your terms. The Admiral knew he was stronger on the defensive, that the Marine was most likely better trained in offensive fighting and so he wished to force her to make the first move.

After restocking her kit and finding herself still with minor irritation and pent up energy, Ziva decided to swing by the sparring mats to find an unsuspecting soul to pound for a few rounds to clear her head. Ducking back into the locker room she gritted her teeth at the picture of the offending insect some imbecile had tacked to her locker, said idiot had even attached a note wondering if a handle change was in the works.

Yanking it down she shoved it into her overhead cubby and pulled out her gym shorts, quickly stripping down to a sports bra and the shorts while debating wearing shoes or not. In the end the shoes won out and wrapping her knuckles as she entered the main room, she caught sight of her friend sparring with Admiral Wood. ”Now this should be interesting.” Ziva thought as she made her way over to them and took a seat on the bleachers as she greeted them. “I call dibs on winner, so try not to wind her too much Sir.” she said with a grin, clearly rooting on her friend while saying at the same time she thought he didn’t stand a snowballs chance against the marine.

The Admiral could see they were now both waiting for one another, bringing the tension in the room to fever pitch. From his standpoint, he needed to get her to make a move - which meant a provocation was required. Sparring was a lot like battle, only on a much smaller scale. He took a sudden step forward, feigning a simple step-punch action.

“Demon play nice” she told her grey skinned friend “don’t distract the man” she added as a couple of other marines spotted who was fighting and moved to join Ziva on the bleachers.

“I got laundry for a week says the Admiral beats her” one of the marines offered Ziva with a smile. The Federation might no longer use money but the marines operated on a chores-barter system for their bets and poker games.

Ziva flicked a glance at the marine and grinned. "Two weeks and." She dropped her voice. "It's going to be a close one, but I still say Voodoo is the victor...Barely." She turned her attention back to the mats, settling in to watch.

Beth meanwhile blocked out the spectators and concentrated on the man in front of her. It wouldn’t do her rep any good if he got a sucker punch in while it looked like she was grandstanding for the ‘audience’. Should have done this at night so no one could watch she thought.

As Wood moved she gracefully dodged to one side turning her body so she still faced him and looked for an opening in his defence so she could land her first blow.

It was then that the Admiral made a mistake. He lowered his guard, by a mere fraction, but enough that it would be dangerous if exploited, while he swung himself back around to face his opponent.

Taking the risk that the drop in his guard wasn’t a feint to lure her into a trap Beth sent a fast right jab into one kidney before deftly dancing back out of his reach. While it wasn’t an incapacitating blow she had put her weight behind it giving it enough force to leave a definite bruise.

This wasn’t a fight to the death or even some cock fight to prove who was the leader, it was just some sparring for fun between two people, so Beth wasn’t in any rush to send the Admiral’s @ss tumbling to the mat. She was more interested in seeing how he fought and some of the tricks he knew.

The second she saw Wood make the mistake, she was on the edge of her seat, hands gripping the bleacher on either side of her thighs and a smirk adorned her lips as she arched a brow at the Marine next to her. When the follow up from Beth was not the one Ziva had expected, she understood the ploy behind it and settled back down to watch the show and to learn some more about the Admiral. She also decided that the two of them were being too stinking quiet.

“Seriously? C’mon Admiral, I thought you were going to spar, not dance.” Ziva called out from her spot with a grin. “And Voodoo, really? I’ve got baby cousins that hit harder then that.” she teased for good measure, her eyes now dancing in merriment.

The first thought that crossed Wood’s mind was, ‘that smarts!’ He expected the Marines to be hard hitting, but expectations and reality were evidently two very different animals. Now he realised it was time to bring more than a B game, there seemed to be something of an audience baying for a show. The Admiral obliged, switching up his own tempo, going to ‘light foot’ stance and starting to move around, closing the gap between Moondark and himself. This time he was counting on her training to work for him, feinting a duck-jab to the left.

Falling for the move the actual strike left her staggering slightly, she had been about to retort to Ziva that her baby cousins had bigger teeth than she had already and misjudging his intent, she found herself having to block the follow up blow with her right forearm as she recovered from the sweet combo of moves from her opponent.

After what seemed like an age to her, but only moments in the fight, she was fighting back with her own combination of moves that had taken down more than one man during a brawl in the bars during RnR. She aimed a series of rapid strikes to his head, belly and torso, all designed to hurt if they landed. Some hit, some were blocked and others missed.

Feeling the sting of a few of his hits on her own body the pair of them separated, each reassessing the others, as they circled the mats. Beth blocked out everything but the man in front of her who had every intention of dropping her to the mat before she could get him down first.

She gave him a small flash of a smile as she wiggled her jaw before she moved quick as a flash throwing a crippling blow towards his face even as her she shifted her balance to kick out at him should he not fall for the feint.

Ziva grimaced as she watched Voodoo's last attack, knowing first hand those tickled like no other. Her respect for the Admiral grew as he was giving as good as he was receiving, which to at least Ziva, meant something. "Finally! 'bout time you two! I was starting to think I was watching ballet.''

Wood saw himself in a Catch 22. Quick make your mind up time - take the hit to the face or that kick she was shifting her balance to do - maybe. He chose the kick, moving fast to block the upper blow while twisting his body as best he could to lessen the impact from the kick he was sure would come.

He blocked the blow she had aimed for his head and the twisting of his body protected his belly from the knee she had planned on planting there but neither move saved him from the left hook she followed up with, it was a move she had purposefully not telegraphed was coming, which struck rather close to her first kidney punch. Not giving him time to recover she continued throwing a combination of kicks, knee strikes and punches at him looking for that slight opening that would let her land a blow that might just send him to the mat.

Now Wood was working, fighting to keep his balance as she landed blow after blow into his defence. He was hurting, the second left hook hit rather too close to the location of the first body blow. If he didn’t do something soon he was in trouble.

The Admiral had a move in mind when the entire ship jolted violently, throwing them both off their feet with the sheer force of the sudden motion. Alarm klaxons began wailing across the ship.

“Hey no fair getting Helm to help you” Beth complained lightheartedly as she struggled back up to her feet “guess we better pick this up later?” she suggested as a couple of other marine officers appeared at the doorway to the gym and started issuing orders for people to get to their battle stations.

Offering the Admiral her hand to help pull him to his feet she gave him a serious nod “not too shabby for Brass” she added a half smile “I won’t go so easy next time”. Despite her words she was smarting in more than a couple of places from the blows he managed to get passed her defences but she had other things to worry about right now like what had caused the ship to jolt.

The Admiral smiled, relishing the implied challenge, “Thanks. I can see you guys are great to have by your side in a scrap. We’ll finish this later for sure.” His mind was only half on the subject, as there was nothing good that made a starship behave like it had struck a brick wall.

With that he brisk walked his way out of the gym, not bothering to change, and made his way for the bridge as fast as he could go.

TAG: all!

A JP between Ziva, Wood and Beth Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:48 pm

"Coming up on spacial grid now... detecting a faint signal. Trying to lock on to it now, but... it's weird it keeps bouncing round, almost as if the point of origin isn't fixed. Bouncing kinda like a squash ball in a hot pan." Lt (jg) Hatter said, slowing Redemption down to impulse speed as the ship entered the spacial grid. "Wait a minute... there's something else... something... Lt. Danno, can we get a full scan on the area please.. Holy cra..." Jess said realising the extent of the damage to the area. "Brace for impact!" She shouted just before the whole deck shook be neither her feet, throwing her out of her chair.

Doctor Linn sat at her desk, reading through the scriptures, and underlining passages of what she considered vital information to be passed on. Some of this information needed passing on. Well all of it actually, but some of it was more important than other parts, and given the nature of the work, there was only some much that could be indoctrinated into the minds of the faithful.
That was when the alarm went off. A cryotube had shut down.
Then a second.
And 6 more.
The another 17.
total 25.
"Doctor Linn to the bridge." She said in her rich Gaelic accent. "We need power down here. We're loosing the tubes. I estimate total shut down in 20 minutes, and we loose everybody with in the hour. Please, for love of god, help us!"

Last edited by Hatter3127 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hatter3127
Hatter3127
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Star Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:23 am

Alarm klaxons had a way of kicking anyones @ss into gear, even Emily Star’s. She’d been mid encouraging/threatening rant regarding the security teams lax views to their bi weekly training programs when the sounds had erupted. Within mere seconds she’d dispatched the teams to their required emergency positions.

They’d shifted pretty well. Emily couldn’t stifle the grin as they were obviously shuffling faster to avoid the continuation of her rant and to hopefully prevent more of it once they’d returned.

“Paulson, you’re in charge down here. I’m going up to the bridge.” Emily gave her a nod and left to the nearest lift, PADD still in hand. Without a moments hesitation she sent the security’s emergency procedures list to Tybalt. If her security were spread out over the ship it’d help him to know where to avoid double stacking if the need required. Well...or to even help with backup. Not that her teams would need backup.

The lift opened to the bridge and Emily exited. Taking over Tactical she quickly referenced who was aboard the bridge.

“Whats going on?”
Emily Star
Emily Star
Chief Operations Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dushall Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:46 am

Eric Dushall
Unknown Location

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Dushall's yell pierced the halls of whatever secret prison or installation he was in. When the pain subsided and he looked down at the stump that was his hand. Slowly but surely his captors had removed each finger at the base. They found enjoyment in their job and Dushall thought that if he were to remove the mask that covered their face a grim smile would be reaching from ear to ear.

Two more men entered the room. A hypo-spray was pressed against his neck. As the chemicals filled his veins and was carried through his body by every beat of his heart he felt his senses start to slack. The world grew hazy and everything started to move in slow motion and vibrate. He was supposed to be more resilient to chemicals then the normal human. Some even had no effect on him at all. But this drug... this was something new. Something he never had to experience before. Under it's influence he was weaker then he had ever been since even a child.

He was brought to a cold stone room. When he was dropped down he reached out with his one good arm and gripped for anything close by. The door slammed behind him and he heard the lock clasp shut. In the dank darkness of the cell he was able to grab for the familiar wool of the only comfort he was afforded. The blanket was the only thing that kept him from freezing to death in the uncountable hours that passed between his appointments and food drop offs.

There was no telling how long he was here. The hair on his face told him it was at least a year or more. His beard now came down to his collar bone. It's ragged mess and the lack of hygiene made him feel like a caged animal. He tried to escape several times but with the drug weakening him he was stopped and beaten for his attempts. The whelps on his face and body barely healed by the time of his next appointment. It was that appointment were he lost his first finger. It was his wedding finger.

Most of the time they just tortured him, every now and then he would be questioned by some interrogator. They asked him questions about the Admiral, the Redemption, and what Captains were involved in the mutiny against Carpathia. They would beat him for answering wrong or even for just being a smart @ss or staying quite. Every now and then they would try to coerce him into thinking they had a confession from another person. They would say, "Everybody breaks eventually." When they couldn't break him they were forced to go to more barbaric measures.

A medical staff member was sometimes present for the more extreme measures. The scar across his stomach was a suture from when they removed his intestines in a very painful method and then place back inside. He was in pain for a long time after that episode.

What kept him going everyday was Loki and Callie's name. The drugs deadened his memory enough to prevent their picture from rising to the surface but their names and knowledge of them were enough to keep him strong until he got out of there.

A slit at the bottom of the door opened and a bowl was pushed through. He crawled over to where it normally came to a stop with mathematical precision every time. Whoever the guard was that dropped it off had a good gauge on his arm. Grabbing it he had to use the fingers he had left on his left hand to scoop the grit like mashed oatmeal into his mouth. In four scoops he had finished the meal and still felt hungry. No matter how little they gave him he could not get used to it.

When he felt the bowl was licked clean he set it in front of the door and grabbed the blanket. Huddling into the nearest corner he wrapped the blanket in front of him and tried to get some sleep. His fingers tried to grip the fingers that used to adorn his hand. He always imagined his ring finger was still there with his gold wedding ring but not anymore. He couldn't even pretend since his right hand was now just a palm with five stumps. He wondered if Loki and Callie would treat him differently with all his new deformities. "I'm gonna make it home one day." He whispered to himself knowing that no one could hear him.

When he dreamed it was about two things. It wasn't a visual dream like he used to have. It was emotions, sounds, smells. Like you were being touched by someones hand in a completely dark room. He felt love and warmth, compassion and love. Then he dreamed of burning hot passion and then back to the feeling of devoutness and the utmost happiness. For what seemed like just a brief second he was once again happy and away from all this. With a splash of water it all came to an abrupt end.

His foot was grabbed by a big hulking brute and he was dragged out of his cell and down the hall. He didn't make a noise or even fight it. He would need his strength for what he would expect to come. Maybe the rest of his fingers would see their luck run out. He could only assume. His fingers were their recent favorite kind of torture. Maybe they would take a toe instead.

When he was dragged into the interrogation room The dark man was in the corner. The brutish guard picked him up and threw him into the chair. He strapped him down and there was even a new strap added to the headrest was tightened down.

"Where is Fleet Admiral Wood and the Redemption located at?" His German accent was menacing to the ears. Dushall flicked his eyes in the direction he knew the man to be. "I don't know and even if I did know I wouldn't tell you." That earned him a swift hook to the face. The fact that his head was tightened down made it worse for him and he hoped his assailant. "Where is the Redemption?" One more time he was asked that question. "You have had me in here for over a year. I don't know where the Redemption is." Another punch to the other side of his face. He could taste the blood pooling in his mouth and dripping down the corners.

"Oh Mr. Dushall, I really wish you would just tell me everything you know. It would make life a lot easier for you. But you know you make me do these terrible things to you." He could almost feel the snarl in the darkness. Although he couldn't see it he knew that directly across from him was a table that held some of the most horrific devices created since the dark ages. A collection of torture devices found all across the galaxy.

When the dark man turned around he could see the faint red glow of hot metal flying through the air. Then the dark mans hand pierced the dark vial and appeared to hold a handle connected to a rod. On his hand Dushall had noted several times the crescent shaped scar on the left hand. He held the rod out with the point facing his right eye. So this was it, the next form of torture would blind him for life. It wasn't just to blind him. When it come closer he could see the tip spinning like a blender. It was going to shred his eye as it burned and cauterized it.

"I'll never tell you anything you son of a bitch!" He eyed the end of the device as it got nearer to his eye. His hands gripped the arm rest tight as he expected the pain to come any moment. When the end pierced he eye he could only hold it in for a split second. The drugs inhibiting his self control. "AHHHHHHHHHH!" His screamed pierced the concrete walls. The reverberation and echos enhanced the cries of pain to ear shattering numbness. "AHHHHHHHHHHH!" The sizzling of his sensitive flesh and nerve endings smelled like several battlefields he was on. He could feel the rotating blades tearing the burnt flesh apart and exposing new fresh zones.

The drugs he was on had the strange affect of enhancing the pain he felt and preventing his body chemistry from adapting and numbing the pain or causing him from passing out. Then he felt the tool stop moving. Opening his one good eye he saw that no one... not even the brute was still in the room. "Where are you!" He yelled as strong as he could. "What you cant handle the sight of a one eyed man!" He panted as he tried to catch breath. "Come back you cowards!" With the absence of pain and his captures gone a wave of relief washed over him. His remaining eye closed and with a heavy sign he fell asleep.

He didn't know how much time went by. It wasn't until he woke up did he realize he was laying on the comfortable mattress of a couch. He jumped up and felt the gentle touch of a woman on his shoulder from behind him. "Don't move. Your okay. You are safe now." He looked around, "Where am I?"

"Your in a safe house on Prazia III, My name is Olivia and my friends name is Max. We were part of a group looking for you." She explained as she stroked his hair in a effort to sooth and calm him.

"How long have I been gone?" He asked as he tried to get his bearings and locate a exit. This could have been a trap in a effort to coerce him.

"You have been held captive for 36 hours." She replied as she moved to look at him. He hand rested on his cheek. It was soft and a silky rich light ebony color. When she was in view he could tell that she did have a definite beauty about her.

"That's not possible. I was captive for at least over a year." His hand touched hers and he moved it from his cheek. It was then that he noticed all his fingers were still on his hand. Even his wedding ring was still on his finger. It's golden sheen reflecting the light from the window. "How in the hell." He looked down at both hands and felt his eye. Lifting up his shirt he found no scar across his abdomen.

"I don't know what they did to you in there but we found you put under sedation in a heavily guarded Federation hospital. It took some doing to get you out. We got to lie low for a couple hours for or extract. Max is gonna be back soon with more information on what happened to you." She said as she got up and went to the kitchen. She came back with a plate of food and some water. She laid it in front of him and motioned for him to eat it. He replied by putting a forkful of the unknown food in front of him. When he realized it pleased him he finished the plate faster then a Marine Recruit in boot camp.

Dushall went to the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. His hair wasn't longer then he remembered. His face had about a days growth on him. His eye's were both there as well as his fingers. The strength of his muscles were still there and not weakened like he experienced in that hell hole. He was for all intents and purposes just like he remembered on his way to rescue the Admiral.

His thoughts were interrupted by the opening and shutting of a door. Stepping out slowly he didn't want to walk into something he wasn't expecting. When he turned the corridor in the hallway there stood a man about a head taller then Dushall with broad shoulders and black hair. His piercing blue eyes turned sharply towards Dushall. "Your awake. Good, we are gonna have to get going soon to catch our ride." As he turned Dushall laid a fierce grip on Max's shoulder.

"Tell me what happened to me!" Dushall barked as if it was a order. "Tell me what you learned. Please." He added for good measure knowing that if it wasn't for these two people he would still be there. "Who sent you and how did you find me?"

Max and Olivia looked at one another. Max spoke first,"We were asked by an aquiantence to search for you through back world channels. The orders came down from Admiral Wood. We noticed some suspicious activities at the space port. Too many uniforms appearing on Prazia at one time. We followed them and found they were carrying you as a V.I.P. on round the clock security. We dont have the best hospitals in the Federation to warrant such a visit. but we figuried it must be something secret since we are out of the way for most major shipping lanes.

"We found a way to bypass their security, Olivia infiltrated the site while I worked the escape craft. She subdued the guards along with the ones that were in the program with you. She had to be touching you in order for me to get a transport lock.We got you out of there and brought you here.

"I did some more digging around and found out what they did to you. They torched the hospital but I was able to retrieve some of the computer programming. They had you in a virtual world. They were able to alter the feel of time to whatever they wanted to. The built the digital prison to make it feel right. It's a mixture of computer digital code and your own brains imagination to make it feel like a believable world. Totally undetectable to the human mind. They could do anything to you in there except kill you. They did have you under constant medical supervision, so we figured that whatever shock you experienced in there you body actually felt the pain. If they were to kill you in that simulation you would die in the real world. Almost like a holo suite without the safety protocols. Only no way to create safety protocols in the mind."

Dushall looked up at him as he went over the past years worth of experience, "No... not totally imperceptible. I'll know next time I'm in there." He put his face in his hands as relief washed over him. "So the whole experience was just in my mind. I  didn't miss a whole year of my daughters life and away from my wife. What was Admiral Woods message to me?"

Olivia looked at Max and then back to Dushall, "52 43 15 88 71 60 XP"

Dushall smiled. This was real. There was no way anyone would know that code unless the Admiral gave it to them. It was the GPS coordinates on Nitax Prime where Wood saved his life for the first time. An event he never let Dushall live down. "Give me my gear and I'm ready to go home when you are."
Dushall
Dushall
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:47 am

Redemption had broken through an invisible barrier - the border between the beginning of a time/space anomoly and normal space. Where emptiness had been before was now occupied by a single ancient Conestoga class colony ship, floating calmly at a complete stop. There was no sign of visible damage and it seemed to be under power. Along the side of the hull was a large nameplate that read 'Valhalla'.

Wood marched out of the turbolift, "Report!" He queried as he made his way down to the space in front of the Captain's chair.

{All}

---------------------------

====Valhalla====

"......This is......Redemption....."

Vasquez furrowed his brow. He knew of no other ships that had could be this far out of the solar system - and he was sure aliens didn't speak English.

"All stop!" He commanded, his mind still turning over what they had discovered, "I want everyone to give me a status report. Then I wanna know why there seems to be another Earth ship out there!"

{all}
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:56 pm

"Whats going on?”

"We just passed through some kind of spacial distortion Commander." Lt. Hatter replied, pulling her self back up to her chair "The whole region is littered with, Oh shi! Brace for impact!" Jess exclaimed as she noticed another star ship filling the viewer and the forward sensors =^=Hatter to engineering, I need full reverse on the impulse engines and thrusters A-Sap, or we're gonna have a hella mess up here!"

Hatter rapidly moved her fingers over the console in front of her, doing everything she knew how to in order to stop Redemption going crashing straight into the side of the new ship.
Hatter3127
Hatter3127
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next