Star Trek : Resurgence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 3: Tears of Valhalla

+6
Clarissa Loki
Hatter3127
Kandice Justice
Ziva Creed
Emily Star
Admiralwood
10 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Episode 3: Tears of Valhalla - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode 3: Tears of Valhalla

Post  Admiralwood Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:55 pm

======Admiral's Quarters======

Wood had excused himself from the Bridge and made his way down to his quarters to prepare for dinner with this Captain from the past. It was always best to be well equipped to deal with situations through proper preparation in his mind, especially when in a diplomatic situation.

To begin with, he needed to understand the man who would be sitting across the table from him. What was his cultural mindset? How did he look at the world around him? What might he have been through? So many questions to consider.

"Computer," Wood sat himself down at a well appointed desk as he spoke, "Access all historical information on the Third World War and Post-Atomic Horror periods. Include and prioritize personal accounts first."

"Information collated. Do you wish to peruse this now?" The Computer's flat response came a second later.

"Yes I do."

"The information you are about to view is not a complete record."

Wood almost laughed at the standard disclaimer for that era's patchy records. It covered a time when the world was destroying itself in atomic fire, of course records were going to be destroyed or lost. Not that it mattered, statistics wouldn't help him much at dinner anyway.

As he started to read through the information available, including the occasional digital video, Wood tried to cast himself back to that time - a world of rampant consumerism and financial divide torn asunder by the winds of war. As he read the words of average people, it became clear that one theme permeated all accounts from the Western Hemisphere.

They all wished they'd been just that little bit less comfortable, so that they could have seen the signs of a world descending into madness and done something about it. The words of a lady named Brandy Emersmith summed it up;

"I spent my evenings glued to my television, sipping a glass of wine in the peace and quiet of suburban life, switching the channel whenever the outside world tried to invade my 'me' time. When it came down to it, everything was about 'me' and I had no time for anyone else.

When the missiles hit - that all changed. It hit me as I pulled myself out of the smoldering ruin of my half-million dollar home and saw the charred, warped lump of plastic that was my TV. Now I had to care about the rest of the world - because I'd be dead if I didn't.

The bomb killed millions, sure. But the 'me me me' mentality is what really nearly wiped us out."

Wood took a deep breath and continued reading. He had an hour to get a solid picture of what happened during that fateful decade.

{all}

Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassius Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:15 pm

Cassius carefully eyed the readouts and screens of the fighter as the craft hummed in anticipation. The craft longed to lurch out into the hard vacuum of space. The vibration of the engines that pulsed through the small craft always seemed to be the beating heart of the craft, the pulse of life running through the craft as it waited, panting and anxious, for release from it's patient wait as if trying to will itself to fly of it's own command. To leave the confines of it's mother's arms and venture out to smite any threat that might be encroaching upon her. Cassius was simply the instrument of the ship's will. He knew exactly what the fighter wanted to do, the way it wanted to work, the way that it wanted to enact it's swift wrath. All he was there to do was to allow the ship to do what it wanted.

"Banshee Lead, Tower One. All fighters are ordered to stand down. Bridge has denied launch authorization."

That will would no be enacted today. Cassius sighed in frustration as he continued to watch the screens. He wasn't sure if it was his own frustration, or that of the extension of his body that he currently sat in. The frustration of a ship that he felt a very real connection to. But either way, he let it bleed off of him, letting the pent up emotions roll off his shoulders and away from him. There was nothing he would be able to do at this point. The orders had come down.

"Roger that, Tower One, Banshee Squadron standing down. Request fighters be kept on immediate stand-by in case of imminent need." He only had to wait for a moment for the tower to authorize the stand-by status for the fighters. He looked down the line of the fighters to the other pilots as they brought their fighters down to a stand-by state. He nodded to himself as he eased the tensions in his fighters muscles. Releasing the pent up aggression and stress to sooth it down to it's patient wait once more. As he powered down the engines, the flight technicians and engineers came out from their waiting places to see to the fighters' needs once more.

Cassius hit the release for the canopy, watching as it slide forward, the fighter allowing him his leave from his confines within it's control center. The pilot slipped the flight helmet from his head and rested it atop the instrument panel in front of him before unfastening the restraints and exiting down the ladder to the flight deck below. His lead engineer patted him on the shoulder as the Captain nodded and headed toward the exit of the hanger, followed once again by the other pilots of Banshee squadron who all looked just as forlorn as their commander.

Cassius looked up and down the corridor, watching all the other marines as they moved about still. None of them had the same sense of urgency as they had before as well. It looked like their date had stood them up as well. He grinned a little to himself as he looked to a few grunts walking past," All dressed up and nowhere to go, huh?" The grunts came back with a chuckled "Hoorah, Sir." as they all continued on down the corridors. Cassius headed down to the Calypso Lounge under shuttle bay two. He always did seem to prefer that lounge to the one over shuttle bay one. That and he figured there'd be a lot more activity at that location as well. With the marines getting their irish up over the whole situation, they'd all be likely looking to burn off steam as well. So it seemed like a suitable place to head to for decent conversation and maybe a good throw down if needed.

It wasn't a long trip to the Calypso. The turbolift dropped them off a short walking distance from the entrance, anyway. The larger lounge was already rather busy by the time they got there. Other pilots and marines were already mingling and talking about what the hell was going on to cause all the excitement and commotion that brought everyone up on alert. Cassius headed over to the bar and ordered a glass of non-replicated calvados, or apple brandy. It wasn't a harsh drink, which is what he wanted. Something good, something strong, but something soothing, as well, that would help calm his nerves at this point. He always hated coming down from a "false start" it was always harder to do that than decompressing after a long, hard fought mission. Cassius smiled as he looked at the glass proffered by the bar tender and taking a long slow drink as he leaned against the bar, looking over all the others in the bar.

<Tag: anyone>

Last edited by Cassius on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cassius
Cassius
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:31 pm

"Everybody ready for this?" Lt. (jg) Hatter said, not really asking the question to anybody. She looked about her team stood with her in the boarding tube between Redemption and the much smaller much older ship, her nerves dropping away by the second. She'd seen the vids in the academy of what could happen in unsecured docking portals, and read the reports of boarding missions that had gone wrong in the past, but more than that, she was noticing the number of rank pips on everybody else's collars. With her one and a half pips of a Junior Grade Lieutenant, she was most definitely the junior officer among the team, but it was still her away team, and these peoples lives were in her hands. 'Definitely a set up. Thank you Admiral snooty pants.' Jess thought to her self and gulped before announcing "Well I suppose we'd better knock. Keep phasers on stun just in case."
Hatter knocked on the circular hatch way, which, while ancient in design, made of dark, almost brushed bronze coloured metal, didn't appear to be any more than 2 years old at the maximum. There was no scoring, no corrosion, not even more than a dozen scuff marks from spacial impacts.
After the longest minute in existence the door opened into the comparative darkness, compared to the cream painted, well lit docking tube, and hull sleek, shining of Redemption.
"Hello?" Lt (jg) Hatter poked her head inside the doorway. Over head was strung out a mass of cables, conduits, and pipes that the older design ships used to use. Function over comfort. The corridor branched both right and left, and was lit with amber lighting, emiting the kind of glow that is common in the older "cultural" quarters" of some cities with 20th century history still standing to give them the authentic look.
=^=Hatter to Redemption. We have access to the vessel. No sign of life so far. Will keep this channel open.=^= She turned to Lt. Star and her team, and used non verbal commands to signal she wanted the corridor cleared and secured.

"Computer prep tubes 14, 15, 18, 29, 47 and 83 to be revived from status. Divert power not being used from these tubes to tube 330." Linn spoke into the small mic on her console. Something had unnerved the doctor, and she hadn't spent all this time surviving with out listening to her gut instincts.
She picked up a small round object with a speaker in the top, pressed a red button and began recording.
"Entry 7, Canoness Linn of the holy order of Resurrectionists recording. We have had another spike in the power grid today, and I have had to sacrifice another handful of the unfaithful, so that the truly faithful may remain unharmed. Those that came aboard as unbelievers, but have been subject to the re-education program are progressing well, and, in time, I believe they will add to our collective unity on the colony.
There seems to be some trouble with our transportation, so I have prepared a handful of bishops and high ranking clerics to be brought out of cyro sleep early should the occasion arise. Tube 330 suffered a minor fluctuation during the disturbance, but is now once again stabilised and under 24 hour surveillance. Long live the Apostle, and may his teachings lead us through the darkness into a glorious new dawn."

<tag all>

*Note: Sorry for the delay. Things have been super crazy. Hope it's worth the wait!
Hatter3127
Hatter3127
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:02 am

| Tybalt th'Idran
| Entryway
| Ark

The air was sharp, with a tang of something not quite definable, something not quite right. It was fed into the ill lit corridor by constantly droning fans, which were in turn set into stark metal tubing that disappeared deeper into the vessel. Underfeet the flooring was equally raw, utilitarian ducting that covered still more conduits and fused structural braces. Of the carpets and seamless panelling more familiar to the federation team there was not the slightest sign.

Perhaps more immediately importantly though many of those conduits were still alive with what was to 'modern' standards, some very low energy power transfer, still plenty high enough to cause serious damage if shorted,.... and only protected by distance and token amounts of plastic armour. Beyond that other readings told of still more 'good enough' shortcuts; unhealthy but far from fatal levels of various radiations, structural stress that was probably within normal bounds but amply demonstrated the complete absence of integrity field support, and low level airborne contaminants that wouldn't be doing anybody any good.

For the moment the away team's arrival was being watched remotely by some crude digital cameras.. assuming they were on, and nothing else. Likewise the first of the doors they reached had no obvious method of security, nor a connected power supply, instead requiring itself to be opened by the cranking of a red-painted handle.

Whatever else this Ark was it was definitely a relic of a technological age best left in the distant past.

"Nothing explosive, no sign of internal sec-sys" Tybalt declared, relaying the details from his wrist mounted computer-scanner, "plenty of lifesigns deeper in, but what appears to be an incidental scattering field causing interference" he asserted, "possibly caused by the joke they call core shielding"

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:10 pm

-----Captain's Quarters, SS Valhalla-----

Captain Vasquez stood at the tiny round porthole that distinguished his room from the others on the ship, staring pensively out at the vast craft that loomed over his ship. Is that really what mankind will come to some day? He shrugged the thought off, dismissing it as some kind of bad science-fiction idea. People from the future?

Load of crap.

His gaze lowered to the metal table bolted close to the bulkhead, upon which was his sidearm safely holstered and attached to a plush leather belt. Vasquez picked it up, debating whether or not to put it on.

"Captain?" A ridiculously young Air Force Captain stepped into the room and saluted.

"Knock it off Picton," Vasquez sighed, "We ain't in the service no more. No saluting."

"Yes sir," Picton still stood at attention, "That ship sent it's people over."

"How they lookin'?"

Picton shifted awkwardly, "Weird bunch. There's humans there for sure, in fact most of 'em are. There's one who has blue skin and antennae, looks like some kind of solider - way he's covering corridors with his weapon. Sir, do you really think these guys are from some kind of future Federation of Earth and Aliens?"

With that nugget of information, Vasquez made the decision to put his sidearm on. It handily bought him a second to think about his answer, "Picton, lemme tell you somethin'."

Vasquez paused to take his Beretta 9mm pistol from its leather home, "Those guys may just be from some perfecto future, if so then good for them. But here, what we do on this ship now- that is where it's real. I don't care which movie these new guys jumped from, I'm ready to fight for what is real - and that's the journey we're on now. You should get your sidearm on too - just in case."

Picton nodded, "Yes sir." With that, the Air Force officer dismissed himself.

"Awesome," Vasquez muttered as he put his weapon away, mentally preparing himself for the weirdest dinner of his life.

{all}
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsey Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:09 am

== SS Grace ==
== Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... but probably closer to the Hell side ==

"Well, now can someone just blow us up and put us out of our misery?" asked Thrack, with a certain amount of pessimism. His actions, though, didn't match his tone. He was frantically working the controls of the small ship, trying desperately to get it going again. They had cleared the atmosphere, but gravity was still a factor and the Grace was already being pulled back towards the planet. With a snarl, Thrack stood up and landed the heel of his boot against the console with as much force as he could muster. There was a popping noise and a spark, and then the SS Grace came back to life. Thrack took the controls again.

"More cantankerous than an old Romulan whore... and probably as dirty as well", he muttered. Sensors are at 87%. We seem to have a blind area off our port aft. Engines are humming fine, weapons... damn. Non-existent sir."

Thrack looked over at Dushall. "Where are we going now, sir? Meeting up with the Redemption?

Dushall didn’t answer, but Thrack saw him enter something into the computer console. The console pinged confirmation of the coordinates that dushall had entered. Without waiting for a verbal order… or for the ship to fall apart, spacing them to a deep space vacuum death, Thrack pressed the button on his console, sending the SS Grace to maximum warp, bound for who knows where. After Thrack was mildly sure that they were not dead, he finally allowed himself to relax. Turning to Dushall, he asked.

“So what is a guy like you doing in a place like this?”

[tag dushall]

Ramsey
Ramsey
Marine Captain
Marine Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Star Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:51 am

::Away Team::

"Somethings not right," Emily said quietly. An eerie feeling came over her and she had to place a hand on the wall to steady herself momentarily.

Life, whether human or alien, was a vivid array of thoughts, emotions, desires and so on. It was something beautiful and to be treasured. Emily was sure if more people could see themselves through her eyes, they would appreciate how intricately made they were.

Yet in this moment she sensed people but no 'life'. She sensed shells but there was no flowing swirl of life that walked with their physical self.

At the end of that there was also death.

"Guys," Emily says quietly, "We need to be careful."
Emily Star
Emily Star
Chief Operations Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 am

The blue glow of Matter Transportation faded to leave two Commanders, products of eras so removed they may as well be of different worlds, staring one another down, waiting for the other to make the first move, say the first words - utter the first excuse to end this all in hostilities. Though neither would admit it, they both expected that result. Hands hovered over sidearms, muscles in lips twitched. Neither man blinked.

"I come from a tough world," Vasquez finally grunted, "Lot of con-men running around, pretending that the Government has been restored. They reel their marks in on false hopes of the lives they once had being restored. Nasty folk who use abandoned equipment to look like the Military or some crap like it."

Wood answered in an equally low tone, "You're leaving that and far worse. How is the West Coast? Still being run by Richards and Price Incorporated?"

"How do I know things really have gotten better, assuming you are really from the future and not some ECON scam."

"Richards and Price have control over every detail of life in their area of play," Wood said, "You know they're sucking what life is left out of people there. You know they put you here as a publicity showcase to help them get even more - maybe enough to expand East. Rotten to the core. Now you want to know if I'm really from the future. So how about this: Would you like to know how that expansion plan works out for them?"

Vasquez lowered his gaze enough to see this 'Admiral' was holding something in his left hand. Wood held it up, "Man, Vasquez couldn't help but say, "I haven't seen a working Tablet since the bombs fell. Where you been hidin' this?"

"This is far more than a Tablet computer," The term came awkwardly to Wood, "I've given you access to my ship's historical and scientific database. Ask it something, anything you want."

Vasquez narrowed his gaze at Wood, "All right. I will."

So he asked the PADD, "What country is San Diego part of?"

"AS OF STARDATE 2381.6 THE CITY OF SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA IS FALLS UNDER THE UNITED EARTH GOVERNMENT, ITSELF A FOUNDING MEMBER AND POLITICAL CENTER OF THE UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS."

Vasquez snorted, "And just where is the capital, huh?"

"PARIS, FRANCE, EARTH."

"You built your capital in France?" Vasquez scoffed, "All right. Gimme some real digs. Did we really put an end to war and all that stuff people say the Vulcan alien things promised us?"

Wood put his hand over the PADD, "Computer belay that answer." He looked Vasquez in the eye, "Within our own species, yeah. Sadly it found us among the stars instead."

"So it's not all roses?"

"No. It isn't. Computer, what was the start and end dates of the war with the Dominion. Include Death toll."

"THE DOMINION WAR LASTED FROM 2373.1 TO 2375.11, TOTAL CASUALTIES ESTIMATED AT 68 BILLION ON BOTH SIDES."

Admiral Wood put the PADD down and made a show of taking his other hand away from his phaser, "You and I speak the same language. We're both men who have seen battle - been there when true horror set in. Why don't we set aside our distrust and use that language to help each other here. Can we do that?"

"We'll see," Vasquez motioned toward his dining table, "But I ain't puttin' my gun away just yet."
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Kandice Justice Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:05 am

---Federation Maximum Security Prison, Austria/Germany Border---

---The Courtyard---

The walk across the courtyard felt like an eternity for Kandice as she was escorted by several larger figures. The throbbing from her jaw was the least of her worries as the entourage gathered the stares and looks of other groups gathered around. The figures around here were not as known on the block as other gangs - mainly because everyone stayed away from them.

“So...who are we meeting?” Kandice asked as she glanced over to her right at one of the escorting men. “You’ll know soon enough.” The man simply replied as he stared ahead on his walk.

"Pretty sure they're taking us to their leader Blondie." Riley stated with a touch of annoyance as the man behind her gave her a slight push. "Unless you haven't noticed, this doesn't look like the line to meet Santa Claus." Sarcasm was Riley's coping mechanism, and it tended to insert itself like now.

‘Great. What have I gotten myself into this time?’ Kandice thought to herself as the group of them reached the corner area farthest away from the entrance to the courtyard. Kandice took a moment and turned around to glance at the building behind them. It was the first time she saw the entire shape of the building - she and others stuck relatively close toward the entrance to avoid attention from the gangs that ventured out further.

“Here they are, sir.” The guy in the front stated as he moved out of the way. Kandice turned back around and glanced toward the rest of the gathered. Many of the figures that stood there in the new gathering glared at the two new figures with concern in their eyes. Kandice fully understood the concerned looks - as far as they were concerned, she and Riley were intruding into their protected space.

With a weary glance, Riley took in those assembled and then glanced at Justice beside her. Things didn't look good if she was reading the glares right, but at least she wouldn't die alone, even if she didn't know her companion and earlier defender. "I'm Riley by the way, thanks for earlier." She commented lowly to the blonde, her eyes never leaving the crowd around them.

The corner was dusty and bare, a dead piece of ground whose only saving grace was its distance from anywhere anyone would ever have a reason to ‘just walk by’. Likewise the people standing in it were anything but flamboyant, the already spartan prison gear cut back to bare essentials, the better perhaps to display a staggering number of scars for a modern age where such could normally be removed with little more than a wave of a machine. It you looked closely perhaps you might have marked that maybe, just maybe these people were a little less gaunt than the average starving camp victim, and maybe just maybe they all without exception were keeping one hand either hidden or within a certain orbit that might or might not have included a hidden weapon.

As the girls came to a stop one of the occupants of the ‘far corner’ was handing another something from a very recently bloodied-knuckle hand, a small shaft of plastic that turned out to be nothing more nor less than the arm off some unfortunate’s now broken glasses.

The man the arm was handed to, burly shaven headed and with a half dozen scars around his face alone, looked to the end of the arm and gave a simple nod of acknowledgment before passing the ‘booty’ off to another

Finally he looked to one of the cold eyed women of his group, shared a silent communication which didn’t exactly seem to impress her, and then at last turned to Riley and Kandice. “You’re still alive.” he declared, his voice rasping and nearly as scarred as his face, “I wouldn’t have bet dirt on that.” he said.. which was perhaps as generous an endorsement of their survival skills as they were going to get. “So… “ he finished, leaving off and apparently expecting them to answer a question he hadn’t even started to voice.

“Hold on a minute” the cold-eyed woman said standing up from the bench she had been conducting some of her own business from. She studied the pair of women much like she might study an ant before stepping on it and grinding it under her booted heel into the dirt. “It can’t be that simple, how do we know they have the balls to work for us?” she sneered, not bothering to look over her shoulder at the large man who had just spoken.

“We shed blood for them, how do we know they’ll do the same in return?” she asked not looking  for an answer as she held out a piece of black plastic looking material that had obviously once been part of something else and now was sharpened to a point, offering Blondie the shank.

Looking across the yard she nodded her head to a lanky looking prisoner hovering at the edge of another group “his cellie turned grass, and with it got protected, so instead we send a message by getting to one close to him” she explained. She also didn’t have to explain what it was that she wanted the other woman to do.

Riley glanced between the man and his second? Yes most definitely his second, as the woman tried to get Justice to take the shank. An internal war raged within her mind as she quickly considered all possible actions and links but dammit she didn't know the food chain here, and like it or not, Blondie had kept her from what was probably going to be her eternal dirt nap.

Speaking up from her place beside the blonde,  Riley crossed her arms over her chest and stared the second down. "Obviously someone must think we will,  or we wouldn't have been dragged here oh so nicely." She said with a slight smirk, seeing if she could buy them a little time.

Kandice stared at both figures in front of her with confusion. Who were these people? Not even thirty seconds into a conversation, she was being asked to show some sort of loyalty by ending another person’s life - something that Kandice would not have done in a normal circumstance. “Hold up.” Kandice said as she held her hands up in front of them. “First off, let me say thanks for bailing us out of that scuffle.” She paused for only a second to judge their expressions, however both remained stone faced at her.

She was going to have to get desperate - quick. “Look, I don’t know and frankly I don’t care  who has the bigger balls here or not, but a unnecessary killing brings attention - even on a block like this. Now, I’d put that away before the guard in the nearby tower sees it and shoots it out of your hand before the shot afterwards ends up in your temple.”

Observation. It was her biggest strength while she was in the fleet and now it seemed like it was multiplied in her over a hundred fold.. She was able to observe even the most remote and random of situations and be able to assess the variables like no other. The guard patterns were already calculated in her mind along with group movements in the courtyard. It would be another four or five minutes before the guard would even look that particular way, but it was a bluff that she would have to make.

As the three women were squaring off a dark haired Bajoran woman silently approached the group the glare she gave the cold-eyed woman was almost palpable and what little expression showed on her face was sheer displeasure and anger. It took all of her willpower not to slit the throat of the other woman.

“The job’s done, leave them be” Chase growled. While she was sure that the two would do what it took to save their lives if they were threatened she was pretty sure they wouldn’t outright murder someone, unlike herself.

The cold-eyed woman snorted and looked across the yard where their target was very much still alive and walking. “Yeah it sure looks it” she postured, more for the new girls and for a moment forgetting who she was talking to.

A small flash of anger flared in the Bajoran woman’s dark eyes, just enough for the other woman to realise her mistake, “you have no style and she’s right” she inclined her dark head towards Kandice “killing him out here in the open puts us all into lock down and gives the guards an excuse to toss all our cells. My way he dies later when the only one who could have done it was himself or his so-called protected cell mate”.

She leaned close to the cold-eyed woman and whispered in her ear, whatever was said was enough to turn her skin pale and sweat to start beading on her forehead. With a last look of contempt at the cold-eyed woman Chase turned to face the two newcomers “please ignore Fish, I’m Chase” she said introducing herself and offering them a smile, one that never reached her dark eyes and seemed more practised than real.

---Lower Prison Level - AKA “The Playroom”---

The Prison complex comprised of many layers - most of them above ground - designed to keep prisoners whose training dictated escape contained. For most, it was an elaborate series of Force Fields and internal defense systems with phasers mounted in walls. The two levels below ground were a different story, designed to house the real troublemakers. Each cell was custom engineered to the prisoner, being prepared ahead of occupation.

That is where Beast found himself thrown by guards who, frustrated by and uncertain of his strengths,wanted to wash their hands of him. He tended to have that effect on people, even though he wished he didn’t.

His new accommodation was hell, his routine tortuous. Every meal - if the meagre scraps of nutrient paste could be called that - was casually tossed through an opening in the class 10 force field that kept him inside. The ‘food’ was usually followed by a stream of taunts and insults. He was not given exercise rights any more.

This level was meant to destroy prisoners. Physically or mentally - both if possible, the one place where you would wish they’d chosen to kill after ‘interrogation’.

“Bet you wish your ugly buddies would have done a better job,” The guard grunted as he passed Beast’s cell on his rounds, “Pathetic inbreds.”

Beast shook his head, more amused by those particular comments than injured. Nobody had even seen the operators of the small fleet of ships that caused so much havoc for 5 months in 2380. Somehow they all assumed he was one of them. Maybe he was, though it was small comfort to him here.

Still, it gave him something to ponder - and therefore occupy his time - while he wasted away in sterile nowhere. He thought about a lot of different things, childhood memories, escape ideas, the question mark that was his heritage, that Kandice Justice lady.

And then the guard came back. They never did that. Beast gazed impassively at the stocky man’s weatherbeaten face for several uncomfortable seconds, wondering what gem of an insult he thought he’d discovered.

“Get up.” The Guard sneered, “You deaf filth? Get up!”

More surprised than anything else, Beast complied. Before he knew what was happening, the former Commander found himself being led out of his cell into a heavily armoured elevator, which felt like it was going upward.

It took Beast a full ten seconds to realise he wasn’t the only prisoner being put on this elevator. Two more, both women, were accompanying their guards. They exchanged glances, each wondering if they could get away with exchanging words.

“Amy.” One of the two muttered.

“Jane” The other followed. Beast noted that the guards didn’t seem to care, encouraging him to mutter his name.

Before he could ask if they knew where they were headed, the Elevator ground to a halt. The guards forcibly shoved their charges out of the opening doors into the main courtyard of the Prison.

“Dont get too comfy, filth,” Beast’s guard told them with a snicker, “Just getting ready for a big party downstairs.”

With those words the Guards left the three of them standing there, looking dumbly around for signs of the other prisoners. The first thing that crossed Beast’s mind was to find the young Miss Justice.

Because something didn’t feel right up here. It just seemed too quiet.

“Where is everyone?” He asked Amy and Jane, ignoring the effect his telepathic method of communication had on the unwary, “Do you know a Kandice Justice?”

It was shortly after chow time that Amy was pulled off the cell floor and taken to the depths below with a few others. It seemed as though it was becoming routine for several individuals to be pulled more - especially with the rumored talk on the block about the rebellion planning something. Though her face didn’t show the signs of the interrogation, she winced slightly as she turned around to glance toward the gray towering figure behind her.

“Commander…” She said softly as they walked out, trying to force a little bit of a smile on her face. “Good to see you again. Kandice should be around here somewhere.” Her focus turned back toward the courtyard in front of them. It was normal to see the blonde streaks of Kandice’s hair toward the front of the area. “Oh God….I hope they didn’t take her in.”

Both of them were soon approached by a lone male figure. He only came to a stop in front of them for a moment and softly stating, “Follow me.” before walking again.

---The Courtyard---

“Kandice.” She simply replied to Chase. A sense of relief came over her as the apparent diversion tactic worked - at least for the moment, though it made some of the others angry. “So...you have my attention. I guess you figured out I’m not in here for the scenery.” She stated as she crossed her arms, her eyes darting back and forth between the individuals in front of her. “I take it that you all are the contacts.”

Riley looked at the new comer to those obviously in charge wearily, but slowly relaxed as she could tell right away that this Chase was worlds different than the so called Fish. "I'm Riley." She said finally, deciding that these people might actually be the ones she had heard rumors of at her old facility.

The crunching of the snow behind them alerted to more people gathering. Kandice glanced over her shoulder and saw Amy and Beast being escorted up. “Well, what took you all so long?” She said with a slight chuckle, a weary attempt to ease the tension of the gathering.

“Bus Driver was running late again.” Amy said in a dry response. She knew the people who were gathered - it was something she was trying to avoid from bringing herself to for sometime. It was their mission that landed her on Cell Block E in the first place - and even a visit to the Interrogation Levels just a few hours ago. She was fortunate to pass through it last time - but with current circumstances, another trip would mean her life.

Kandice turned around toward Chase and the others gathered. “I’m sure some of you know Amy, but the gray tall guy behind her is Commander Beast. I served with him on the Redemption a while back.” Suddenly she glared over toward the woman who was referred to as Fish, the one who wished to instigate a shanking earlier. “And before you ask….he can be trusted. Admiral Wood trusted this man with his own life and I would do the same.”

The mention of the Admiral confirmed their suspicions, these people might just be the ones to help get them all out of here. However for that to happen they still had a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it in. In this place you never knew what was going to change and who was going to be shipped in or out.

Chase had her sources within the guards and the prison administration so she usually heard what was going on but sometimes she didn’t get a whole lot of advanced notice, thus their plan had to have an element of flexibility in it and not be too reliant on any one person.

She had her own reasons for wanting out of this hell hole much like everyone else. Some wanted out purely to be free and others so they could carry on with a grander plan to rid the Federation of Carpathia. .  

Beast looked around, finding himself to be more than a little surprised at the numbers in attendance. Perhaps Carpathia was not as good a deceiver as he thought he was? Personally he was a little more skeptical of any breakout attempt, mostly because he believed that certain people currently running free would hatch a plan to rescue those imprisoned by the regime - he trusted his old friend would lead that effort.

A short lady joined the group, catching Beast’s eye. She looked familiar, but to his frustration was unable to recall. Unusual.

“Perhaps I will be the one to voice the question we all wish to ask,” Beast’s telepathic voice echoed in the minds of everyone present, “How do we propose to make this happen?”

A light sigh escaped Kandice as she presented the difficulties of their little scenario. “From what Intelligence we were able to gather on this prison, it doesn’t seem like a good outcome either way.” She began as she motioned toward several high beams above the prison towers. “Transport dispersion and sensor blocks makes the place look invisible from space. No ability to detect any sort of energy signatures. In order for a landing party to even know we’re here, we have to take out the grid to those towers.”

She motioned her head toward the central complex as the second part of her explanation. “When the power goes offline to the sensor block, secondary defense will come up. High grade Starfleet defense cannons and planetary defense missile launchers are the likely sources up there. Along with that there would probably be a secondary shield block to the Political wing that will protect from transporting out high priority political prisoners. So...to make the short of it….this place would have to go completely off grid before we would get reinforcements - and that’s if they’re not held up by Planetary defenses or welcome committee.”

She turned back around and faced toward Chase and the others. “So...now you heard the bad news, want to hear the good news?”

“The good news” ‘Scarface’ cut in, his voice a low growl “is that none of this matters sh*t if we’re all dead because we made ourselves targets too soon.” To illustrate his point he nodded towards the other end of the yard where a pair of guards were ‘playing’ with one of the other inmates.. winding her up before whatever was to come. “The guards who watch this corner know not to look too frakkin hard” he declared, something honestly dark in his voice telling how he and his had earned that ‘right’, “but you keep sending up flags and I’ll let you all burn”

“You think the lord high Woody will come riding in on his white horse, fine. But before you go making plans to storm the barricades you better have a good long think about what you’re going to do to see next week”

If Beast were human, he would have let out a long sigh. So used to seeing that reaction, he pictured it in his mind- which unknowingly translated as a strange lip-twisting motion upon his face, “Perhaps,” He said, “But we can use their lack of concern to our advantage. Maybe get a message out?”

Listening to those speaking, Riley rolled her shoulders to ease the knot between them, from all the tension leading up to this 'meeting'. Listening was her strong suit as was reading the body language of those surrounding her, one of the perks from being a doctor, you at times had to figure out what was wrong, simply by paying attention to the micro body language of the patient before you. "Just how, pray tell, are we going to achieve that?" She asked the one called Beast, with a frown on her lips. "Granted I don't know this place, but I know guards, and some use the allusion of no concern, as a screen to smoke out ones foolish enough to try something." Her tone implied she had been one of those foolish before, and was now weary of a repeat encounter.

Lafargue, the scarred man, snorted, the sound somewhere between an acknowledgment of her point and a dismissal of it in this case. As looks turned to him he flicked his eyes to the guard in that nearest tower, “If you know guards then you know that the majority of them are bored out of their minds and tend to do things they shouldn’t” he expounded, “in his case that thing is a pretty little Bolian actvist’s son about five cells down from blondie… who is in turn on the hook to Chase here for some habits of his own.”

“If the message really is important enough to use up a big @ss favour then we can get it out” he continued, “but that is one less time I can stop anyone from ending up in the ‘playroom’” he warned “and you better have a supernova hot code to pass it in in case Lover-boy flakes”.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Joint Post with Wood as Beast, Ziva as Dr. Riley Winslow, Tybalt as Lafargue, Bethany as Chase, and Kandice also with Dr. Amy Anderson.
Kandice Justice
Kandice Justice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Kandice Justice Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:37 am

---Main Bridge, SS Valhalla---

The entire situation perplexed Anthony as he sat in the Captain's chair – a blank look on his face as he continued to stare at the monitor viewscreen in front of him. The image of an advanced Starship – from the future – hovered near them. For Anthony, diplomacy was never his thing. His training was that of a soldier – to fight, to kill, to survive. It was best for him to maintain post on the bridge while the Captain handled the diplomacy business down the corridor in his quarters.

The engineering monitor console near him continued to run a diagnostic scan of the power grid that maintained the life support and containment pods for the colonists. The beeping sound from the conclusion of the scan snapped Owens out of his deadlock stare at the viewscreen. It had bothered him that throughout the trip already that the cryo-tubes of so many colonists had failed. Even with the short amount of time of power loss from the fluctuations that happened earlier, several would never see their new home.

If one thing was for sure...Anthony never trusted a Doctor – especially Doctors that followed a new age cult.

“Computer, display the status of the stasis chambers and all active cryo-tubes.” Anthony said as he moved from the Captain's chair to the Engineering station just a few feet nearby. Numbers began to flash up on the screen with a grid. 45 tubes had already been lost on their journey. 45 colonists who came with their families on board the vessel to start a new life – finding death in the depths of space.

“Computer, display integral readings from malfunctioned tubes and related error messages from malfunctions.” Anthony stated as a new set of information came up on the screen.

As the error messages came up, Anthony's nostrils flared with anger as he slammed his fist on the console. Other than the power regulator failures of the tubes from the incident earlier, the others that had died were the result of non-maintained environmental protocol regulators. People were just being allowed to die in their cryo-tubes. Anthony quickly stood to his feet as he grabbed his pistol off the Captain's chair. “Computer, initiate Bridge security lockout.” The command beep sounded as the consoles went dark on the bridge as Anthony stormed out the door.

Within a matter of minutes, Anthony barged himself into stasis chambers area, a loud yell echoed throughout the large area. “Doctor....where are you?! Get up here.....NOW!”

(TAG Doctor Linn)
Kandice Justice
Kandice Justice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:09 pm

"Somethings not right. Guys, we need to be careful." Emily Star quietly spoke.

Clarissa had been standing behind her with her medical crew faithfully following like well-trained blue clad dogs. She held her hand up and stood her ground. She didn't know Star all that well, but knew her enough to trust her instincts and that was good enough for the Doctor. She had a daughter to come home to, as there was no-one else left in the universe to care for her daughter now.

Shaking away the anger that threatened to well up inside of her and forced her not to relive the last few seconds she'd spent with Dushall, she refocused and wished she brought a bigger weapon, despite her oath to do no harm.

"Where do we go from here?" Loki asked, as she wasn't leading the away team and had to mentally remind herself that she needed to step back sometimes and let others do their jobs.

tag away team.
Clarissa Loki
Clarissa Loki
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:07 am

"Nothing explosive, no sign of internal sec-sys" Tybalt declared, relaying the details from his wrist mounted computer-scanner, "plenty of lifesigns deeper in, but what appears to be an incidental scattering field causing interference" he asserted, "possibly caused by the joke they call core shielding"

"Somethings not right. Guys, we need to be careful." Emily Star quietly spoke.

"Where do we go from here?"

Lt. Hatter took in the information from her away team, and feeling the breeze on her face from the clearly poorly recycled air passing through the corridor, "Well I'd really like to stay as far away from getting a dose of delta radiation any time soon." Jess mused, looking about the corridor and her team "I say we investigate those life signs. They're either gonna be friendly, and we'll meet lots of nice people in one go, or they're not and we'll be so out numbered it wont make a difference for long..." Hatter tried to joke, but apparently non of her team seemed to get her small, poor joke... "Mister Tybalt, lead the way if you please. Lt. Star if you could cover our back. I don't want anything jumping us..."

"What we need here is a full blow incident." Linn announced to her collective following. "A slow moving radiation leak should do the job I think. We need to get as many of the faithful across to that other ship. With a vessel of that size spreading the word should be...

A loud yell echoed throughout the large area. “Doctor....where are you?! Get up here.....NOW!”

"Damned. Quick, out of sight." Linn said quietly, before shouting "I'm back here...
Hatter3127
Hatter3127
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Star Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:58 pm

USS Valhalla

"Babysitting frozen people, babysitting random people - this was not in our contract..." Evan grumbled as he walked three of his security team down to rendezvous with the away team.

"Stop being a little girl," Charles replied with a shake of his head, "Our contract said to get the frozen popsicles to the planet. We're doing that."

The sound of their footsteps echoed in the corridor.

"Do they know we're coming,"Devon cut in.

"I hope so," Charles replied with a raised brow.

"Not to change the subject,"Williams says, "BUt has anyone noticed how the Doctor isn't letting the patrols into the cryo floors?"

"He said he'd prefer to check them himself," Charles shrugs, "It's been cleared by the Captain. Our patrols just work around it."

"He just gives me the creeps..." Williams replies.

"Our job doesn't pay us to be paranoid,"Charles stops walking, "Are we going to have a problem Williams?"

"No..."Williams returns but anyone who'd known him could tell he was still unsettled.

"Good," Charles motions for them to continue moving, "Alright so we should be running into their away team right about..."

The four men stop and stare at the phasers pointed their direction.

"Whoa whoa whoa..." Charles takes a step forward, "We're here to escort you around the ship."

Emily looks to Tybalt and the others, "Okay guys...put your weapons down. They're telling the truth." She holsters her phaser.

"For a Vulcan you're rather trusting," Devon quips, "Although your blue friend..."

"I'm a special type of Vulcan." She looks to Tybalt, " Don't worry, he's on our side," Emily offers before looking back at Tybalt, "They don't know what an Andorian is...."

Charles looks Tybalt over, "Alright. We were told to take some of you to the Warp Core, medical to the cryo tubes and the others to the Bridge I believe."

Tag Danno, Loki and Tybalt

Starring

Evan
Episode 3: Tears of Valhalla - Page 4 11j4wfl

Charles
Episode 3: Tears of Valhalla - Page 4 2a97gnd

Devon
Episode 3: Tears of Valhalla - Page 4 2me1des

William

Episode 3: Tears of Valhalla - Page 4 Vdfyvd
Emily Star
Emily Star
Chief Operations Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:19 am

| Marine Country

Beth hovered near the edge of the command area down in marine country where her unit commanders were watching and listening to the progress of the away party. The noted the slightest little details mentioned over the comms in case they had to send another team over to either help out with what they found on the large colony ship or with rescuing the away party.

Her thoughts turned to the cute dark haired doctor that was leading the medical portion of the away team. Commander Loki had seemed more than a little bit stressed and showing signs of fatigue at the briefing a few hours ago and Beth had meant to go an check on the woman, one professional to another. She wasn't sure if the Doc would send her off or actually allow Beth to give her a check-up. From what she had heard about the other woman she a great doctor but had a reputation of being a little fiery. It couldn't be easy knowing your husband was off somewhere in the cosmos and not being able to do anything to help him.

Of course life had gotten in the way and after treating Python she had ended up sparring with the Admiral, some of those bruises were really starting to smart, then they had got sucked into this time bubble thing, which she really didn't understand, and she hadn't gotten to check on Commander Loki. Beth just hoped that the woman didn't end up going postal over on the other ship.

Her attention snapped back to the away team as the bridge reported that Admiral Wood had successfully beamed over to the other ship..alone. “I think I must have hit his head too hard in the ring” Beth muttered wondering what he was thinking going over to an unknown ship stocked with unknown people all on his own. He might have been able to handle himself in a sparring ring but if he got into trouble over there it would take time for them to get to him. A short time it might be but long enough for him to get himself killed, then where would they all be facing Carpathia without him.

Watching the blips that showed the communication badges of the away team on the large screen that showed the scanned layout of the ship, including several blank areas thanks to the radiation the core was giving off, the tension in the room rose as it looked like the team was going to split up. “Dude don't they know that's a bad idea, if this was a horror film only a virgin will make it out alive with possibly the Master Sergeant as the hard-assed character for the sequel” one of the Captains commented making the rest of them chuckle.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:51 pm

----Captain's quarters, SS Valhalla-----

The two commanders sat at Vasquez's table, the ship's cook already on his way with their dinner. Wood noted the presence of plastic utensils and wondered if that was the product of distrust or simply what they used here.

"So," Wood sat back and decided to cut to the chase, "For reasons I am sure you appreciate, our historical records of the late 21st century are spotty at best. But here's what I don't get; we have reams of records on the early warp ships - colony ships like yours mostly - and where they went. The funny thing is, yours isn't there."

Vasquez nodded, "You may have noticed we're also a lot bigger than the other colony ships sent out huh?"

"Yeah."

"That's because we are not some United Nations/Vulcan overseer holding hands being all buddy buddy project like those others," Vasquez's gaze shifted downward, "This is a private venture. An attempt to see if money can be made from colonial operations - mining."

"Okay," Wood said, "So where are you guys headed?"

"Gliese 581g."

It took Wood pulling up his PADD and doing a quick search to find that system. In the years between Vasquez's time and the present day the system's name had changed. 47 Ursae Majoris is what it was now called - home to a large Federation colony. But if these guys had reached their destination, there would have been a human colony established long before the historical database said there was one.

Either the records were off or...

"Captain," Wood leaned closer to Vasquez, "Sorry to be so blunt but, how is your ship doing?"

The question caught Vasquez off-gaurd, “Fine...wait...what? Why? Do you know something I should know future-boy?”

“Because,” Wood said, “I'm taking a huge risk coming here, would rather not be blown up by a warp core containment failure for my trouble.”

“This ship is monitored by a triple-redundancy computer system. Even if one computer were to fail, one of the other two would kick in. There's been no sign of trouble.”

Something about this whole thing just didn't seem to sit right with Wood. Call it intuition or 'gut feelings' but this all seemed too convenient. A colony ship working for a private company that was able to build a early warp ship the size of a Constitution Class starship, operated by former military personnel and protected by a small private army and a long, long way from any other attempted Earth Colony for their time. Maybe they just did things differently then, but his 'spider sense' was still tingling. It was the reason he wanted to meet this Captain in the first place, to see face-to-face the little twitches and darting gaze that indicated falsehoods – which usually were lost in the translation over viewscreens.

The tradition of Captains dining together was as good an excuse as any. None of Vasquez's answers really helped soothe his concern. He still felt something, though he had no idea what, was wrong here and it was making him increasingly uncomfortable. He wanted off this bucket.

The Admiral shrugged, “Fair enough.” He paused for a second, “Excuse me a moment.”

Wood tried to ignore the Captain's raised eyebrow as he stood and walked close to the door. He tapped his com-badge in the hopes of raising the current senior bridge officer, =^=”Wood to Redemption.”=^=

{Cassius]
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:45 pm

| Tybalt
| Valhalla

Them not knowing what an Andorian was seemed really strange especially with them recognising a Vulcan on sight, not least of which because they were so very obviously at least near human, by Tybalt let that go as far less interesting than the weapons they were armed with; simplified pulse pistols that for all their crudity would still be dangerous enough in these close quarters... but little else.

Which in turn probably meant that these men weren't really here to play policeman... or intending to take prisoners if the proverbial headed towards the fans; but at the same time they would also have to be wary about what they might hit if they missed.

So, after obeying Starr's order, Tybalt kept nice and close to the biggest of the team, the stone-faced one who looked like he chugged muscle enhancers with his morning milkshake.. silently marking him as the most immediate target in any thrown down, even as he was lighting himself up as the same... hopefully persuading them to completely overlook the 'naturally superhuman' abilities of their not-quite-vulcan.

In that less than agile formation the small team and their now mingled escort stepped through the next hatch and into one of the long galleries that made up the lions share of the ship not involved in their megalithic engines and too-hot reactor...

And were faced with row upon row of people-popsicles... all too many of whom seemed to be lackign the tell tale blue glow of active power.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassius Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:06 pm

There had only been time for one drink at the lounge before Cassius had received a summons to the bridge. It seemed he was one of the few ranking officers still left on the ship, what with the away team heading over to this colony ship they had stumbled across. So he had been ordered up to take a turn as the ranking officer on the bridge. It was definitely not a common occurrence for him to have this chance. So he had polished off his small drink, bid his fellow pilots adieu, and then headed off to the turbolift for the short ride that would take him to the bridge. On the ride to the bridge, as the turbo lift stopped to pick up others on a similar course, Cassius wondered just how things were going. He hadn’t heard much of what was going on. Just bits and pieces from a few conversations he’d overheard in the lounge. It all seemed rather odd to him. He hoped that nothing too drastic happened. Cassius was all about flying, aeronautics, and ship controls, but he definitely wasn’t very well trained on other aspects of the scientific field. But there would be other enlisted and junior officers on the bridge to help with things like that.

Finally, the turbolift halted at the bridge, allowing Cassius to step off onto the spacious command deck of the massive starship. Flying a bird this large would be a far cry from the small little fighter he was used to. But the power that the ship held within it was simply incredible. And to be in charge of that power, at least to some degree for the moment, was a little heady for a few moments. Cassius walked to a spot in front of the command chair of the ship, but refrained from sitting in it. He never felt it right to sit in the Admiral’s chair. He looked around the bridge for a second to all of the other personnel attending to their duties as an ensign brought a PADD over to him with as much information as they had on the situation right now as well as information about the ships current roster and happenings. Cassius started to work over the information in his head, reading through it all quickly. Something in his memory started nagging at the back of his head as he read over short briefing. This situation sounded familiar. Something he had learned in his Starfleet History courses. The USS Enterprise, under command of Kirk had a run in with a ship in a situation like this before. Cassius shuddered at the thought a moment. Nothing good came from that story. Besides, there were many things that were different with this situation. So Cassius, while keeping the lesson of the story in his mind, decided to take this one as it came. Though he did take a longer look at current security shifts and how many Marines were currently on stand-by.

But Cassius’s attentions were pulled away from the PADD as a communications came through to the bridge.

=^=”Wood to Redemption.”=^=

Cassius grinned a little bit, =/\= Redemption here. Captain Bär on the bridge. What can I do for you, Sir?”

[Wood]
Cassius
Cassius
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Star Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:55 pm

Uss Valhalla

"You act like you've never seen cryotubes before,"William comments as she watches the faces of the Away Team, "It's nothing sinister."

"Yeah, they're just temporary popsicles,' Evan adds, "Once we reach our destination we thaw them out and they live happily ever after."

"Well as happy as people can be in a foreign world," William quips.

The four men watch the faces of the Away team carefully, "Alright, whoever is a part of your medical department can follow Evan down to the Doctor. Engineering can go with William and Devon and I will take the rest to the bridge."

<Tag Away Team>
Emily Star
Emily Star
Chief Operations Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kandice Justice Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:46 am

---Federation Maximum Security Prison, Austria/Germany Border---

---Cell Block E---

Back within the cold prison walls of the Cell Block, Kandice found herself sitting within her cell, staring out into the main area of the block. Time was now against them - a countdown that began to tick as they had gathered together in the courtyard. It would only be a matter of time before the informants to the guards would make their reports and the selections would be made for a visit to the playroom in the lower depths of the prison. It was a critical junction of the entire movement - a simple message had to be delivered to the outside, making their way to the depths of space where a man and his starship would begin a revolution to save the Federation that they had once known.

For Kandice - everything was on the line to get the message out.

Various groups of the block had access to certain luxuries. Some groups had a connection with some of the ‘friendlier’ guards and were able to bring in contraband food. Others had connections with work programs to bring in other items - small comfort items that people in the outside world would take advantage of until they were locked within those walls. Only one person had the connections that were needed for Kandice’s request - a name she learned to despise from day one on the block: Larnell.

Kandice had slipped a piece of paper to one of Larnell’s men requesting a meeting as they were brought in from the courtyard earlier in the day. Now, she waited patiently within her cell, waiting for the Tellarite and his gathering of close comrades. She knew the meeting would happen on Larnell’s terms, and it was going to be very apparent that some requests were going to be made to pay in return for the meeting and the request.

“Well….hello, cupcake.” Larnell cheerfully said as he leaned on the outside of the bars for the cell room. Two of his faithful men stood guard on the platform, staring down anyone who dared approached in their direction. “My, this is a surprise - a request from you to meet with me.” He said as he slowly walked into the room, a smirk across his face.

The stench from Larnell’s unwashed prison uniform and body crept up into Kandice’s nose, making her wince slightly in disgust as she shuffled down the bed slightly to get farther away from him. “Well, I think the surprise of the day is wondering how you get along without soap.” She spouted out as she covered her nose.

It was a quick reaction for Larnell as he quickly reached out his hooved hand and grabbed the back of Kandice’s hair, pulling tightly and bringing her to the floor in front of him. “You got a lot of nerve, cupcake. Not a lot of people has the balls to ask for a meeting with me and then insult me.” With the tightening of his grip, he pulled back her head, exposing her neck as he reached into a pocket on his uniform, pulling out a sharpened device. “Now, I think someone owes me an apology before more of their blood ends up on this cement floor.”

Kandice sighed slightly, swallowing her pride as she glanced up to look Larnell in the face. “Look, I’m sorry. How about we just be civil and have a pleasant conversation?”

An evil expression came across Larnell’s face as he stared down toward Kandice. “Oh the things I could make you do while you’re down there.” He said menacingly as he held her hair tightly. After a few moments of chuckling, the sharpened device found itself back within his pocket as he finally released her hair. “So, besides missing me, why have you called for me, cupcake?”

Kandice pushed herself off the floor thanks to a little bit of help from the nearby bed, standing back up face to face with the Tellarite. “I understand you have some connections.” She said as she turned and faced the nearby mirror, moving her hands up to straighten out the ruffled hair from Larnell’s previous grip on it. “You know people, am I right?” She asked as she glanced at him from the reflection in the mirror.

“I see where this is going.” Larnell said as he grinned before making his way over to the bed to sit down. “Sounds like someone needs a favor. And what does my cupcake need?”

“A message. One word to one person. Can you do that for me?” She asked as she turned around from the mirror to face him. The smile from Larnell’s face slowly faded away to a serious look as he stood up. “You think I’m stupid or something?” He growled as he suddenly shoved her against the wall. “You think I would risk everything for some twig of a human like yourself?” He raised an arm quickly up to her neck and pressed in violently, blocking her ability to breathe. “Well?!” He growled out as he pressed in even harder.

As she struggled to breathe, Kandice managed to escape out a few words to Larnell. “Carpathia remembers those who serve him well….”

The gasps for air was a relief for Kandice as Larnell released his hold on her throat. “The favor you’re asking for is no easy task…..and it’s going to cost…..a lot.” Larnell said as he said in a hushed manner. Without missing a beat, Kandice raised up her hand and ran it behind Larnell’s ear as she leaned in and whispered seductively. “I think you’ll like your payment very much.”

The smirk returned to Larnell’s face as he ran one of his hooved hands along the side of her body. “Also with this, there will be a need for a deposit.”

Kandice shook her head as she moved slightly away from him. “Message goes out and once I get a confirmation it’s been received, then you’ll receive a full payment….and the gratitude of a grateful Federation.” Larnell scoffed slightly as he crossed his arms. “Which leaves me with all the risk but no actual guarantee. I may not be a Ferengi, but I know a bad deal when I see one.”

“The guarantee is that your supply line continues while a planned guard raid takes out your competition next week.” Kandice said as she sat back down on the bed. She reached over and grabbed a piece of string off of the small table next to the bed and proceeded to tie her hair up into a ponytail. “Consider it a gesture of good faith from your soon to be friends up top.”

“If you have such great connections, then why do you need me?” Larnell asked as he leaned against the same spot that Kandice was just moments ago. For the first time, a smirk came across Kandice’s face as she slowly stood up from the bed. “Because official channels don’t lead to where this message will eventually end up at.”

“Fine.” Larnell said as he crossed his arms. “What’s the message and where’s it going?”

Kandice grabbed her pillow and slowly worked open some of the stitching at the corner of the pillow. After a few moments, she managed to work a piece of paper out. “All of the info is on the paper. A reply will be sent sometime in the future. Once I get that back, you’ll be paid handsomely. Got it?”

Larnell took the piece of paper and nodded slightly. “Fine. If you cross me….they’ll be cleaning your blood up for days, got it?”

Kandice nodded slightly in return. “You won’t be sorry, Larnell. Trust me.”

“Gentlemen, say goodnight to cupcake.” Larnell said as he exited the cell. Both men turned and nodded toward Kandice as they briskly walked away behind him.

---A Few Days Later---

---Starfleet Intelligence Headquarters, San Francisco, Earth---

Admiral Janice Richards, Chief of Starfleet Intelligence, sat quietly within her office, a cup of tea resting within her hands as suddenly the chime beeped at her door.

“Enter.”

“Ma’am...we received a communique from the field.” A young Lieutenant responded very quickly as they entered into the office. “It was directed through one of the alias accounts that was used for high level communication during the Andromedan conflict.”

The usage of alias accounts was not uncommon at all within their field - especially within the particular times the Federation was facing at the moment, however this one particular caught Richards’ attention as she sat her cup down and a smile came across her face. There was only one word within the message - a message that she had been waiting to see.

“Geronimo.”
Kandice Justice
Kandice Justice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Kandice Justice Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:18 am

---SS Valhalla---

"What we need here is a full blow incident." Linn announced to her collective following. "A slow moving radiation leak should do the job I think. We need to get as many of the faithful across to that other ship. With a vessel of that size spreading the word should be...

A loud yell echoed throughout the large area. “Doctor....where are you?! Get up here.....NOW!”

"Damned. Quick, out of sight." Linn said quietly, before shouting "I'm back here…”

Owens glared back toward the rear of the compartment bay. There were hundreds of pods lined up, filled with the colonists and the religious order that had heavily funded this particular mission. He began to storm down the rows of pods, his only target being the doctor that was insisted on being charge of the cryto-tubes by the backers of the project. After a few moments of searching, he came across the Doctor standing near a cryo-tube.

“The game is over, Doc….I know what you’re doing.” He said as he slammed his fist on one of the nearby tubes. Before even allowing a chance for the doctor to speak, Anthony began to bark out in anger. “You think I’m an idiot that you can hide what you’ve been doing down here? The power fluctuations that you said have been happening, the constant cryo-tube failures….all of this have been leaving a trail of breadcrumbs. You’ve been letting people...innocent people….die because of some sick thought in your head that they deserved to die and you thought you could hide the evidence. You just wait until the Captain finds out about this….”

Suddenly, a piercing noise shrieked through the bay - the ringing continued in Anthony’s ears. His body began to tingle and feel warmer as he suddenly slumped this knees. As he glanced down to his abdomen, the stains of blood suddenly appeared on his uniform. Suddenly, coldness began to sweep over him as he slumped over onto the ground.

As Death approached him, his mind raced through moments of his life - his family, friends, and those he loved. His mind tracked through the bitter moments of the war, but even in those moments, he found solace as he thought about his unit - those he served with, even until the very end.

As he gasped for a few last breaths of air, he glanced up toward the Doctor and the clerics, including the one with the weapon that fired the fateful shot. “I’ll see you all in…..” Then silence fell over him.

(Doctor Linn)
Kandice Justice
Kandice Justice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:31 am

===== SS Valhalla =========

Cassius grinned a little bit, =/\= Redemption here. Captain Bär on the bridge. What can I do for you, Sir?”=^=

Wood didn't hesitate, =^="Lock onto my co-ordinates. Get me off this tub."=^=

{Cassius}

Wood looked at Vasquez and offered an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry Captain, something has come up. We'll maybe continue this later."

On my ship, he added as a mental note. The tingling sensation of his atoms being scattered and turned into energy swept his body, the Valhalla's dreary interior fading out to the modern comfort of Redemption's Bridge.

"Thank you Cassius." Wood said once he was fully materialized, "As the senior officer on the Bridge, you're my XO until we get the away team back. Call everyone we still have up here, stat."

{Cassius}
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:37 am

| Prison Complex

In the common area overlooked by the banks of cells of E block, after rec but before the lockdown, one corner had been once again requisitioned by two familiar, hard eyed faces. Around them a warding screen of ‘friends’ sat, lounged or slouched, marking territory just as visibly as any paint tag might have managed.

“Blondie is talking to Larnell and his rapists” the uglier of the two (externally at least) declared, said news having reached him not long after said conversation had begun. “Insurance or double agent?” he asked, giving his best guesses as to why she might take her ‘well being’ in her hands like that and further attract the attention of one of the least savory of the block’s residents.

The message they had agreed to send, pieced together on some fine tissue paper and concealed into one of the ‘standard’ drug mule canisters for ‘loverboy’ the tower guard to swallow, was already on its way out, with any luck, but now apparently one of their ‘little crew’ had decided she needed something else done…. and gone outside the group to do it.

“Either that or she’s a lot less vanilla than she looks” he added with a rude snort.

“She wouldn’t be the first of our group to have their own agenda” the dark haired lady stated as she sat studying her surroundings while idly wondering if Blondie would betray them before they had made good on their escape.

“But she didn’t strike me as the suicidal type” she shrugged one shoulder “but then maybe she likes it rough”.

“In other news we have the bits we need for the op” a wicked grin flashing on her face for the briefest of moments as she considered what that would mean not only to herself but to their escape efforts. “The two docs with Blondie will be a big help” she said in a hushed whisper. The pair would mean she wouldn’t have to try and do it herself.

“Especially if we can wangle you a trip to the pharmacy straight afterwards?” Lafargue replied in another decidedly unkind tone, pointedly reminding her that he was far from ignorant of the damage she could do given a few handfuls of chemicals and time to mix them.

The ‘insurance’ that Carpathia’s worst had inflicted on the ‘eccentric’ biochemist made sure that she couldn’t do too much before they got a scalpel and jammer to her (that and the guards keeping her room entirely bare down to the fixtures), but Lafargue had no plans at all to be around immediately after its removal.

Of course he was actually underestimating her inventiveness at that point, as so many others did, and should have been far more worried about the small stash she had arranged in one of the cleaning cupboards than her getting new stuff in the relatively benign dispensary.

“Think we should acquire one of Larnell’s toys to see if he’ll spill?” Lafargue continued, “before we let on what we need from Blondie’s crew?”

“Chances are whoever it was wouldn’t know anything and we risk tipping our hand that we know what she was up to” she looked into the distance for a moment “of course we could say screw that and pick one of his up anyway...just for the fun it would be to make him squeal”. It was said in such an unemotional tone that it wasn’t clear whether it would bore her or whether she just really wasn’t bothered about torturing a man to death.

She sure as hell wasn’t worried about Larnell retaliating or what the guards would do about it.

“Carpathia’s thugs seemed to have eaten up all that information they ‘acquired’ from Nell that they should be looking the other way when we get out of here” she said quietly. Did she feel any guilt for misleading the young woman who had hoped to bargain information about the rebels activity in return for the freedom of herself and her family? Chase hadn’t given it another thought after sending the woman away thinking that her new ‘friend’ had told her all about their plans.

What Carpathia's people would do to her and hers once they found out the fed information was a crock (assuming of course they had left much of Nell to punish after the way they had extracted all she knew) was likewise utterly unimportant to the Bajoran criminal..

“Good news” Lafargue replied, dimly aware that he should probably disapprove of such, but long past caring in any real way. Once upon a time he had been very different, back when he wore his uniform with pride, and he was self aware enough to know that, but with all he had been through, and done to keep himself safe, there was precious little morality left for others these days.

One might argue that his decline had begun even before that, when he had taken quiet ‘friendly gestures’ from certain syndicate people for the same sort of blind eyes he was buying here, but the scarred former serviceman didn’t really care to think that far back

“We’ll leave Larnell’s little crew until there’s more profit in it” he concluded, laying to rest her idea of simply grabbing one for her version of fun, and continuing with the same vein that had seen their crew ignore the foul gits’ depredations until now

However little they approved of Larnell’s version of amusement he and his were useful in softening up the fish and attracting attention elsewhere.. if they managed to make anybody really important desperate, then maybe he and his would see what exactly Chase thought of as fun.

A JP between Chase and Lafargue

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassius Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:20 pm

Wood didn't hesitate, =^="Lock onto my co-ordinates. Get me off this tub."=^=

Well that seemed to have been a short incursion onto the other ship. He wondered what it could have been that caused the Admiral to already want to return to the Redemption. There was, surely, a wealth of knowledge that might come from the crew of this that might help to fill in some of the proverbial black holes of history from the period of time they existed. But, if the Admiral wanted off that boat, Cassius wasn't going to make him wait. "Aye, Sir." He looked over to the Ops station and gave a slight nod to the operator of the station to acknowledge the transport," Beam him directly to the bridge."

Wood looked at Vasquez and offered an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry Captain, something has come up. We'll maybe continue this later."

On my ship, he added as a mental note. The tingling sensation of his atoms being scattered and turned into energy swept his body, the Valhalla's dreary interior fading out to the modern comfort of Redemption's Bridge.

"Thank you Cassius." Wood said once he was fully materialized, "As the senior officer on the Bridge, you're my XO until we get the away team back. Call everyone we still have up here, stat."

Cassius simply bowed his head in acknowledgement to the mandate for him to be the XO for the time being. Another rare occasion. Today had just been a day of days. And for some reason, he was sure that it wasn't over just yet. But then again, that's one of the reasons he wanted to be on this ship," Aye, Sir. Right away." Cassius tapped his combadge once.

=/\= Cassius to all Redemption senior officers. Please report to the bridge immediately. =/\=

And with that he looked back to the Admiral," If I may, Sir, is something going on? I've been looking over the sensor information a little bit. I can't quite make anything out, but it definitely seems odd. I don't know all the finer details of warp theory, but the readings that "tub", as you put it, is putting out just seem odd. I don't know if it's because of the antique engines or something else, though. There are too many factors for me to nail anything down solid."

{Wood}

{Senior Officers}
Cassius
Cassius
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:12 am

Frankly the idea of splitting their small group down even further sounded like an attack of the crazies to Tybalt, they would still, he believed, have limited access to their transporters if it came to 'that' but knowing whether they would need to use them or not would be an entirely different story.

Which was why as he waited for the officer in charge of the mission to OK the suggestion he personally covertly arranged for Ops to keep all their com signals open and monitored. In a combat situation that would have been madness worse than separation, basically waving a red flag to indicate all their positions, but while they were playing pally it seemed to make sense.. even if long training made him shudder a little as the OK came through.

It wasn't like all the many hundreds of folks on the Reddy were doing much else after all, or for that matter as if he expected the technology of a ship this old to be able to break even the base level of automatic compression-encryption.

With any luck the slight reverb the listening in caused in their coms would alert the rest of the away team as to what was going on, but Tybalt was prepared to tell them if the penny didn't drop.. just as soon as there was some sort of means to covertly do so.

OOC: Can I just get a confirmation that there is currently no fight going on, and that the anomaly hasn't isolated us yet??

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:32 am

Dr. Linn looked down at slowly bleeding out form of her fellow crewman, and rubbed her forehead with the ball of her hand. "Ye didn't have te kill him." Her scotish accent becoming broader as it usually did in times of crysis. "Giz eet 'ere." Linn said attempting to regain some level of composure motioning towards the man with the gun.
"I suppose it's just as well as I took an oath to do ne harm. Now geet ye gone." Pepper looked down at the body again, and the pooling blood. "Actually, change of plan.".
Linn aimed the weapon, and shot the cleric who had fired the initial shot. "Clean this mess up, we have guests coming. Then get to the engine room, stat!"
As much as Canoness Linn had a distaste for violence, she was also well aware that sacrifices were to be made if they were to carve out a bright new future for the human race.
With this in mind she began the process of redirecting the radiation from the warp engines and having it pumped directly into the engine room. With any luck the clerics would die along side the engineering team, giving anyone who may investigate the culprits along side the "waste".
Hatter3127
Hatter3127
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next