Star Trek : Resurgence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DISCUSSION -Episode 4: Fidelis Servorum

+3
Ramsey
Clarissa Loki
Admiralwood
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DISCUSSION -Episode 4: Fidelis Servorum Empty DISCUSSION -Episode 4: Fidelis Servorum

Post  Admiralwood Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:36 am

This is it guys - The Rescue mission to Earth. This is going to be intense, action-packed and an opportunity to flex those imaginative muscles.

The plot goes a bit like this:

Since his escape, Admiral Wood has quietly been putting into place a plan to rescue the Political Prisoners being held in High Security Prisons across Earth -plans he is forced to put into action early.

A small Voth Starship approaches Redemption, its commander telling of how his people - the few that survived an unknown cataclysm -fled the Delta Quadrant in search of their supposed 'Distant Origin' home. When they arrived at Earth they were ensnared by Carpathia, their ships overrun and taken from them before they could react. Only one ship escaped - the rest are due to be taken apart for study and reverse engineering, the crews - part of an endangered species - slated for execution.

The ragtag Rebel Fleet is called together - 29 ships to stand against the might of Carpathia's Capital.

Its now or never...

This sim will have four distinct angles:

1) The Fleet operation above Earth, providing cover for the Rescue Forces.
2) The Rescue Operation, consisting of Marines and Security Personnel on Assault Runabouts with Fighters as close cover. Redemption's group will focus on a single target prison (the others will be hit by NPC's "offscreen".
3)Dushall and Danno's mission to release the Captive Voth from Earth Spacedock.
4)The Prisoners of Cell Block E's point of view.

The details, like how we're going to not be blown to smithereens by Earth's Orbital Defense Platforms, will be covered in-sim during our planning meetings. I am really excited about this sim, we can really have a lot of fun with this.

Sound off below if you're ready to rock this and if you got any ideas to help make this sim even better!
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

DISCUSSION -Episode 4: Fidelis Servorum Empty Re: DISCUSSION -Episode 4: Fidelis Servorum

Post  Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:12 am

sounds great

One tghing I would perhaps like to see added was a little segment written perhaps by yourself.. Carpathia's reactions as the Op progresses

(which could in turn provide intermediate check points for everyone to aim for and periodically remind folks what opposition they might be facing while adding somewhat to the scale of the occasion??..)

Back to top Go down

DISCUSSION -Episode 4: Fidelis Servorum Empty Re: DISCUSSION -Episode 4: Fidelis Servorum

Post  Admiralwood Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:24 am

Good point Tybalt. Okay, I'll do that.

Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:34 pm

Tybalt wrote:Carpathia's reactions as the Op progresses

(which could in turn provide intermediate check points for everyone to aim for and periodically remind folks what opposition they might be facing while adding somewhat to the scale of the occasion??..)

I agree to this and I'm glad you thought of it too. Although I do wish, as Carpathia is a force to be reckoned with and is the actual reason for the Redemptions last few sims, that he has an actual site presence (in sims only). Makes the sim a little more real, not just a side bar by Admiral Wood.
Clarissa Loki
Clarissa Loki
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:56 pm

It would make identifying him and having him operate outside the Redemption's sim much easier too. I'll put one together...
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsey Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:12 pm

I'm ready to rock and roll... let's do this  "LEEEERRROOOYYYYY JJJEEEENNNKKKIINNNSSS!!!!!"  Shocked 

Too soon?

I know that Cody is busy and I'm pushing through a shortened verson of it to get Thrack and Dushall back to the Redemption.  For the next mission, to add some more posting and to take some of the NPC posting off of Matt, I'm going to control Zekial Zaarin and the USS Valour as an NPC ship and Zethra Kaine with as an offsite assault team... just to add some flavor.

Also brought Captain Grahm and the Albatross out of retirement to provide a point of insertion... or it can be used for the Incursion as well.
Ramsey
Ramsey
Marine Captain
Marine Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:23 pm

I'd wait on the point of insertion stuff until you hear the Admiral's briefing but I'm excited to see what you got in store for the rest there Thrack!
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:03 am

I've also started posting a series about Rear Admiral Janice Richards, so we can get to know her character better before the big role she'll play in this coming sim Wink

If you wanna read it...you'll find it under Creative Works.
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Dushall Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:25 pm

Sorry I've been busy with work. I'm currently on a rig right now that is not really doing anything. So I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Lol. Been looking forward to this. Cory if you could get that last post up for us I'm sorry I dropped the ball with that one. :-/
Dushall
Dushall
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:20 pm

No worries, glad you're back in the game!
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:17 pm

can i politely ask that those 'in the know' prod the bit on the valhalla along a touch?
right now the rest of us can do filler posts but  not a lot more without actually knowing what and wherefore.... and that is starting to drag a bit

thanks

(come the weekend I am happy just to start a fight and move things that way if people are otherwise too busy)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Hey Tybalt - I had a chat with the folks in lead on the Valhalla. Things will start moving over there. If it doesnt - you have my blessing to start a fight come the weekend.
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:20 am

thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Just a warning 'Hell Weekend' begins for me tomorrow so don't expect me to be around much until next Wednesday. I'm working 56 hours out of 120 and that doesn't include the three hours travelling there and back every day or sleeping thus the nickname Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:55 pm

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up and good luck with that!!
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsey Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:54 am

So just as an update to the thrilling adventures of Thrack and Dush, we are where the last known coordinates of the Redemption are, but it isn't there. we have it sorta caught in the same time rift as the ship they found.

Thrack is naked in a bunk and Dushall is sitting at the helm wondering how the hell he got into thei predicament. And thrack is naked.

Just thought y'all should know.

Once the Redemption is done with the ship, they will reappear and then Thrack (who is naked) and Dush (who could be naked) can join them.

And Thrack is naked.
Ramsey
Ramsey
Marine Captain
Marine Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:58 pm

i think the big question is.. what is his wife going to say when D comes back.. with a naked Spoonhead....in his bunk...

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsey Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:55 pm

She's going to think.... "Oh you brought me a present."
Ramsey
Ramsey
Marine Captain
Marine Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Kandice Justice Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:47 am

People involved in the Prison storyline....

I apologize for my lack of communication the last few weeks. My job has been very demanding on me as of late with little to no days off for weeks at a time because of some under-staffing issues.

Thankfully, that is changing. By the end of next week, I will have additional support and will get back on a somewhat normal schedule.

So, in the meanwhile, I'd like to hear some of your ideas on how we should play out the big prison break out. Matt has heard some of mine, and it's a good start - but I want to and need to hear from you all on some suggestions. Once we have the suggestions rounded up, we'll plot them together, pull out the sorting hat, and see which person is going to which house.

Wait....that's another story all together.

Once the ideas are in, we'll put together a good outline of things to do and happen in the storyline. The storyline will get a little hectic once the ball starts rolling, that's why it's a good idea to get our ducks in a row before Matt gives the order to fire.

Feel free to post the ideas on here, of if you want to keep it super duper awesome secret, send Matt and myself a private message.

Now hurry up...the guards are coming back around. Act natural.

No...act natural - not go natural. Put your clothes back on!
Kandice Justice
Kandice Justice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:40 am

Chase is lucky they let her have any clothes *she looks around her utterly barren cell* they are too afraid she'll made some sort of WMD out of even a blanket Very Happy

I really do need to write out her prison record sometime Smile

I envision that the big break out is going to have lots of guard killing and explosions as the marines come in to rescue us. Chase has a few 'presents' hiding around the prison to aid out breakout (or at least the guard killing part Razz )

Back to top Go down

Post  Celeste Day Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:53 am

Bethany Moondark wrote:Chase is lucky they let her have any clothes *she looks around her utterly barren cell* they are too afraid she'll made some sort of WMD out of even a blanket Very Happy

I envision that the big break out is going to have lots of guard killing and explosions as the marines come in to rescue us. Chase has a few 'presents' hiding around the prison to aid out breakout (or at least the guard killing part Razz)

Yeah, I can just see her pulling out strands of her hair to form a garrote with which she can strangle a guard, thereby grabbing his weapon and going on a massive killing spree. She'll end up saving the Marines and singlehandedly destroying the Borg.

Yep, and then I can tell my grandchildren, I was there. Dang it, I'm on the wrong ship.
Celeste Day
Celeste Day
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Celeste Day wrote:
Bethany Moondark wrote:Chase is lucky they let her have any clothes *she looks around her utterly barren cell* they are too afraid she'll made some sort of WMD out of even a blanket Very Happy

I envision that the big break out is going to have lots of guard killing and explosions as the marines come in to rescue us. Chase has a few 'presents' hiding around the prison to aid out breakout (or at least the guard killing part Razz)

Yeah, I can just see her pulling out strands of her hair to form a garrote with which she can strangle a guard, thereby grabbing his weapon and going on a massive killing spree.  She'll end up saving the Marines and singlehandedly destroying the Borg.

Yep, and then I can tell my grandchildren, I was there.  Dang it, I'm on the wrong ship.

*pouts* Hey, we can be cool too...*Captain pout* Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:02 pm

*evil grin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:05 pm

that's right.. nothing like being on holiday when the universe is going to heck Razz

And yeah I am presuming the camp gets a 'liquidate them all' order even as the marines arrive.. so maybe a little breaking and entering.. governor's office with a blunt and rusty spoon?...

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:41 pm

YES! I think that should be on the cards...
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next